iPad 2 - BRISTOL UK Launch

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by gszedlak, Mar 22, 2011.

1. gszedlak macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!

Where will you go? Apple Store or other retailers? Cabot Circus or Cribbs?

Discuss and meet up!

2. Mrrikki macrumors regular

3. medders100 macrumors newbie

Im not queueing at an apple store - im trying my luck at a reseller. Will call Curry's PC world on Winterstoke road tomorrow and let u know what they say. Also will try CPW - although not sure if they are selling non 3G ones.

4. gszedlak thread starter macrumors newbie

Cabot Apple store is my #1 plan too.. although I wonder if Cribbs receives less pressure. It's at the edge of the city and around 17:00 only students will be free who are at the center, near Cabot..population of the north should be at work.. but..that's just desperate speculation :D

Which Apple Store is the bigger? Anyone considering other options (CPW, Argos, etc.)?

medders100: thanks for the infos! i'll try to contact some resellers too.

5. mikey203 macrumors member

Heading to Cribbs for about 1pm on Friday! Not looking forward to queuing for four hours but it's better than waiting up to two weeks for an online order to arrive!!

6. thejsmith1 macrumors newbie

I was going to go to cardiff at first, but seeing as cribbs is about the same distance, I'll try there. Also there's currys etc, nearby.

7. bl4nkg3neration macrumors newbie

I'm most likely gonna head to Cribbs as I live in Clevedon so it's just up the M5. I would imagine Cribbs might be slightly the better option but who knows! I have a friend who works there so I've just messaged her to find out a bit more info and how bad the queues usually are for these launches. I haven't queued up on launch day before. Ahh I just want it to be friday already, it's my Birthday friday as well! How perfect! :):)

Dan

8. gszedlak thread starter macrumors newbie

it would be great to hear from your friend.

if people are cool we could give you a queue jump for your birthday! :D

9. bl4nkg3neration macrumors newbie

Haha! That would be sweet. But I will make sure I get there nice and early anyway ;). I will post any info/response from my friend when I hear anything.

10. Elbulus macrumors newbie

Gonna be heading to Cribbs for 12 - 1, got a mate coming with me so have to pick him up 1st -.-

Be interested to hear what your friend has to say about the launch, Queued up at o2 for iPhones before but never done a queue at an apple store =D

Maybe get people to list which store they are heading too and which iPad there hoping to get ? Gives some idea then :D

I'm hoping to get a 32gb WIFI either Black or White not 100% decided yet, From Cribbs.

11. medders100 macrumors newbie

OK - just put a call in to PC world at winterstoke rd - very helpful girl told me that they weren't an 'allocated store' and that the only PC World stores that were getting them in the region were Bath and Cribbs causeway.

I'm passing a CPW at lunch so ill pop in and have a word about their stock and let you all know!

12. medders100 macrumors newbie

CPW in Clifton wont have them either, 'possibly' at Cabot or definitely at Cribbs.

13. bl4nkg3neration macrumors newbie

Hey guys, just heard back from my friend. She's been on sick leave recently but she advised if you want to buy a 3G model that you need to bring ID, recent bill or bank statement for credit purposes. Just noticed apple have updated their site about this too, best to take incase! As for the queuing situation she said it was hard to tell because of the fact it's a product sequel not a new product line but she said still get there 2 hours or more before to be safe. I'm probably gonna go shopping in the late morning/early afternoon anyway so gonna keep an eye on the queue situation at cribbs.

Here's the link about what you might need for 3G model:

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/ipad/

14. dward32 macrumors newbie

I also live in Clevedon.. Will go to Cribbs late morning early afternoon and prepare to wait...

I assume the sim free 3g Option wont need all the ID?

15. bl4nkg3neration macrumors newbie

Just got some clarification, I think you only need it if you want to set up a contract there and then, which I won't be doing. Might just take something incase.

16. dward32 macrumors newbie

Cool, that's what I thought... I will take a chair and some refreshments and get comfortable...

17. dward32 macrumors newbie

Was thinking I might order one on-line at 1am - then cancel it if I get one at Cribbs... that way at least I am at the front of the on-line queue

18. gszedlak thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, it's a good strategy. When you order online be really fast and prepared (card numbers, etc.). A lot of people are doing the same. If you can, register on the applestore now and add your details to save time.

19. dward32 macrumors newbie

Good point, done that.... ready to go!

Hoping to get a sim free 32GB 3G model, not bothered which colour!

20. bl4nkg3neration macrumors newbie

Apple Store Cribbs is closing at 3pm to put out display models and prepare for launch. They said they expect queues from 3pm onwards, but I think 2pm is a good shout.

Ahhhh the anticipation is killing me now, this week is dragging! Hurry up Friday!

21. Elbulus macrumors newbie

This week is dragging sooooo bad!

My plan of queuing at Cribbs at some point between 12 and 1 sounds like a good one so far ^^

Finally decided white 32gb wifi, Although if i still have a day left i expect i'll change to the black then white then black all over again lol

22. UKBorgs macrumors member

I cannot think whether I'm wasting my time or not by queuing. I have the day off work and can be there from 12 onwards but if they do not have enough stock I'll be disappointed and without a pad. I'll also be late home and the wife will suspect too. (That I can deal with)

I was hoping to get a 32gb wifi but sounds like the queue will be huge for a small stock. Hummmmm!

23. bl4nkg3neration macrumors newbie

Think I'm gonna go for a 32GB 3G in Black, was torn between 32 and 64, but due to home sharing and streaming not sure I need the extra space.

24. Elbulus macrumors newbie

I was going to get the 16gb, But when you look at the price difference between the 16 and 32 it's only £80 so might aswell get the 32, i doubt i'll fill most of that as i'll use home streaming most of them time , got 7gb free on my 32gb iPhone4, and thats with 3000+ Songs on it, so take me a while to fill a pad =D

25. bl4nkg3neration macrumors newbie

^^ Yeah that's a good call.

My girlfriend reckons Heart fm reported a couple of people there today at cribbs queueing up ready... surely a wind up from them!?!?! lol