iPad 2 camera flips the image after I take a shot?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FrancoRumors, Apr 1, 2011.

1. FrancoRumors macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

Ok...I did not see this posted anywhere when I searched - forgive me if this has been covered. If I use the front camera (screen side) to take a picture of myself, the image is flipped once it goes into my photo library. I noticed because it looks weird.. and when I took a shot of myself the picture that was over my left shoulder was over my right shoulder when I went into the photo album. On the screen right before I take the picture the image is normal, then as soon as I take it it os flipped!

Has anyone else noticed this or can anyone else recreate this on their ipad 2?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. FrancoRumors thread starter macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

got it - I took a pic of some Words - it does show you the correct version in the end - However - I still think that the image should be flipped before hand so you can see what you are actually going to get as a finished product....but then your on screen movements would be reversed and I guess that would be confusing.

Anyway - thanks

4. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

When you look at the image before you take the picture, it is NOT normal. It is a mirror image. It's just like the iPhone. You do know that the image you see of yourself in the mirror is not what people see when they look at you, don't you? The reason the ipad and iPhone work like this is so it won't be so confusing when looking at yourself. If it wasn't a mirror image, when you blink your right eye you would see the eye on the left wink, etc.