iPad 2 coming in multi colours...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by idrewuk, Feb 28, 2011.

1. idrewuk macrumors member

idrewuk

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Available in Nano colours. You heard it here first :)

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

proof or it's all pudding stains.

3. Jarcrew macrumors 6502

Jarcrew

As an aside, I've never understood "you heard it here first" as a boast. "Here's something completely unverified folks, you're welcome."

4. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

My sources tell me the Steve Jobs will introduce a new laptop called the AppleBook IIS with a 16.7 inch 3D display, it will be sold in magenta and maroon. You heard it here first.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I must have it :D

6. Simbazz macrumors regular

You're gunna freak if this actually happens! If it does, we're using you to look into the future! :p

7. idrewuk thread starter macrumors member

idrewuk

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm just saying, that's all! Please bookmark this thread and check it again after the announcement. Which colour will you go for?

8. Andy-V macrumors 6502

Step 1: Make prediction that seems entirely possible
    Step 2: Post prediction as if you have inside information
    Step 3: Await presentation to see if your gamble paid off
    Step 4a: If prediction correct, claim super insider knowledge
    Step 4b: If prediction incorrect, thread is lost deep into the forum, everyone forgets the prediction was ever made

You can't lose!

9. pat615 macrumors newbie

10. idrewuk thread starter macrumors member

idrewuk

Just because you don't have a clue what's happening doesn't make my knowledge any less probable.

Listen, I was told this by a friend and a member of Apple staff. So if it doesn't happen there'll be something wrong simply because a friend won't tell me something that isn't true.

Anyway, as usual with these forums, everyone else knows best :) I just wanted to share what I've been told. Enjoy Thursday.

11. Krandor macrumors 6502

Two colors for the Iphone 4 didn't even work. I would be shocked if they suddenly went to a rainbow of flavors.

12. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

I highly doubt it. Different colors on that big of a device would be ugly. On the nano it looks nice because of it's size.

13. KaPOWitsCHRIS macrumors 6502

KaPOWitsCHRIS

So what else do you know about it?

14. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

I heard from an Apple staff that Apple will offer all of their products in 6 different colors. You missed that. Thats right, you heard it first here;)

15. idrewuk thread starter macrumors member

idrewuk

They haven't seen it. They just know that it's coming in different colours based on information internally. That's all. That's all I have been told and that's all I wanted to share. So personally I think it will happen and I'm looking forward to buying one depending on which colours. Anyway, let's just wait and see. I'm just the messenger.

16. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

I’m still waiting for apple to implement their chameleon patent!

17. paduck macrumors 6502

You know, Apple is always on the lookout for those with loose lips. Hope this guy isn't easily tracked to you (Facebook, etc) or he might find himself out of a job. I'm sure you'd feel great then. :eek:

Also, Apple usually keeps all this information pretty tight. Even those within the company don't really know what the future holds unless they are in a relatively small circle. So Apple status doesn't help - especially if they are at an Apple Store a opposed to on the development side.

18. darngooddesign macrumors G3

19. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Why? What happens on Thursday?

20. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    The OP might have something.. The Huge Apple graphic at the meeting hall for tomorrow has Multicolored Dots all over it. However, cases should be for color expression and I'll take plain silver with 3G please....

21. Simbazz macrumors regular

I'll eat my hat if this "speculation," is true! Apparently Apple are having a tough enough time keeping up with production as it is, so producing multiple colours would only further slow production.

22. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    That's true, and also WAY too many sku's for retailer to track. But the multicolor dots mean something...

23. Justinm59 macrumors regular

Great, it was hard enough to find an iPad in stock when they were first released now I need to hope they have good colors left as well.

24. Simbazz macrumors regular

Why? Not being an idiot, but why do they mean something?

If I had to guess at something they mean, even though I don't think they do, I reckon they'll be in connection to the screen. Apple always shows the picture of that multicoloured feather when showing the iPhone screen etc.