iPad 2 design.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by danielxute, Aug 8, 2011.

1. danielxute macrumors member

I got an iPad 2 today. Am I the only one that likes the design of the 1st gen iPad more? I think the 1st gen feels more solid and just overall looks better. Am I just crazy? :rolleyes: :apple:

2. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Not at all. I think Apple has gone a little fit & thin crazy compared to say 10 years ago when only the overall design of a new product mattered - instead of making existing products thinner and lighter.

I think the first iPhone was substantial and perfect. It was a little metal tank. I just played with my girlfriend's first generation iPod touch, and it feels much nicer to use and hold compared to the current one. My first gen iPad has some weight, and it's a little thicker, and I really, really like that.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

When I first saw the leaked images of the iPad 2, I was like "eww, ugly!! Apple would never." but actually, I think it looks great. The iPad 1 looks bulky in comparison (mainly because the iPad 2 glass is edge to edge).

4. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

I find that it's a mixed bag...depends on the product.

I like the ipad2 design over the ipad1. But I absolutely hate the direction that apple did with the ipods. I have the 5th gen nano and the later models blow chunks.

5. Tritons macrumors 6502

I like back of 1st generation better but iPad 2 is more practical (you can put it on flat surface)
    Basically what Apple have done with iPad 2 is made as thin as it's possible and I like it.
    Can't wait to see 3rd generation.

6. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Following their current trend, expect the 3rd gen to be nothing more than a plate of glass. The 4th gen will be flexible. :D

7. Tritons macrumors 6502

plate of glass sounds good to me. :cool: