iPad 2 Going for $1250!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MallCop, Mar 19, 2011.

1. MallCop macrumors 6502

I was looking at ebay and the AT&T iPad 2 32gb is going for $1250!! Time to put mine up for sale and wait a month or two to get another one, basically for free with the $500 profit!

2. rrjr80 macrumors member

rrjr80

Thanks for the status update/tweet!

3. aneftp macrumors 68040

If you are willing to risk the ebay buyer screw you by claiming they "never received it". Just remember paypal always sides with the buyer.

Probably being resold to another country.

If i were to sell on ebay, I would only sell to someone with more than 5 positive feed backs and a confirmed US address.

Just becareful, you may end up with zero money plus no ipad 2.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That is just crazy. I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to pay that much.

5. biosci macrumors 6502a

Sellers aren't protected?! I hate how you can be an honest seller yet they side with the buyer. What if you only ship to paypal verified addresses, use signature confirmation of delivery etc?

What if you deposit their money and then ship?!

6. ea9 macrumors regular

iPad 2 GSM sell for 2k+ for 16GB in Dubai right now.

7. MallCop thread starter macrumors 6502

If you use the paypal shipping option so you get a tracking number there isnt much a buyer could do about saying the never received it. $500 is just too much to pass up.

8. JoelMarcey, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011

JoelMarcey macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

9. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Man, I went through a miserable time when I tried to sell my iPhone 3G through eBay. I used Paypal, read and did everything that I could to protect myself. I saw that the buyer received it, then he put a hold on his funds because he decided that he didn't want it (he claimed it wasn't in the physical condition that I said it was, but I had posted lots of detailed pics on eBay showing it from every angle). Anyway, he sent it back to me undamaged , but I was sweating it thinking that I'd get an empty box, a damaged or different phone, or who knows what. Paypal was not helpful at all to me. I ultimately didn't get screwed since I got the iPhone back intact, but I found the whole process so stressful that I have no intention of using eBay again. I'm sure that there are zillions of people who use eBay everyday with great success, but I won't be one of them. If you can snag a great profit, go for it. Yes, the buyer can't say that they never received the shipment, but if the buyer claims that they received an empty box, though....it makes me cringe to think about it.

10. OSMac, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011

OSMac macrumors 65816

Remember similar madness over the PS3...
    then after 3 weeks or so they were selling at a loss as it seemed 90%
    of the people standing inline to buy were ebay scalpers.

The actual public demand was low.

Don't expect that here but just find the demand strange.

Other than the low quality cameras ,
    for most users in actual use the iPad 2 acts just like an iPad 1,
    and you can get an iPad 1 for $300!

11. nadaclue macrumors member

Yea, but if you look the buyer has zero feedback and is not a registered user. Probably just someone trying to mess up auctions. This has happened to me before.

12. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

:confused: The buyer is 3 feedback and currently registered.

13. samuelelbaz macrumors member

Makes me tempted to sell mine for 800, though after fees and all bs not worth 100 dollars profit. A lot of the expensive ones are worldwide shipping and people who will scam you.

14. nadaclue macrumors member

15. mac jones macrumors 68040

It's smart to sell for these high amounts. The problem is, you don't want to give yours up for the same reason someone is willing to pay so much; Catch 22 :D.

The secret is to do this with stuff you don't care about, and not stuff you want for yourself. Just remember, there were a lot of people (maybe 10%?) that were waiting in line next to you who had no desire to own an iPad for themselves. Kind of separates the men from the boys; (you decide who is who). ;)

Of course if you have the $$$$ :D

(ok so i'm a know-it-all smart asss )

16. Cagle macrumors regular

more like 20 plus feedbacks...

i shipped an ipad to latvia via USPS and customs held it over for 3 weeks. i filed a claim to see where it was and then got a call from apple asking me if the ipad was supposed to be shipping to latvia. nuts. i said yes and customs released it and the guy finally got his ipad, 4 weeks late. i just think the whole process would be quicker with fedex, and usps don't offer confirmation of delivery to other countries on all but one of their shipping options.

it's a pity ebay and paypal now side with the buyer, i don't even think they allow sellers to leave negative feedback anymore. :mad:

17. mac jones macrumors 68040

I've never shipped anything out of the country. Can of worms, and not worth the hassle and the potential downside.

18. fener macrumors regular

19. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

You should be a nice guy and sell it to someone here.

20. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

This makes me seriously consider selling mine.

Its a black 64 gig ATT with a full body invisible shield, smart cover and an unlimited data sim.

I live in Salt Lake City and had the zagg store (where they do training) install the IS. It looks great and is installed so much better than I ever could install it.

I bet I could get $1,800 or possibly more. Tempting.

21. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

What if they say nothing was in the box? You know it won't be the first time that has happened before on ebay.

22. h00ligan macrumors 68030

The paypal scare is way overstated. They have specificic guidelines, if followed, there's not much a buyer can do.

A) only ship to verified people
    B) insure the item
    C) signature required

If you do those three, you're probably fine much more often than not.

23. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Well I'm sure it's being sold to another Country. There is no way someone in the U.S is paying that much.

24. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I remember Sony PS3's were $14,000... :eek:

:D