Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I'm fairly new to Apple & wondering if there's an advantage to ordering from Apple online as opposed to somewhere else like B&H. Can you still take it to the Apple Store for repairs or help if you buy elsewhere? Can you get Apple Care from B&H? Also, is there an advantage to buying in an Apple Store compared to buying online from Apple?

Just curious if you lose any benefits by purchasing through other outlets. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Nope, nothing lost. You can still take it in to Apple as they full warranty their products regardless of where you bought it. You can still get AppleCare up until the last day of the initial warranty.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I'm fairly new to Apple & wondering if there's an advantage to ordering from Apple online as opposed to somewhere else like B&H. Can you still take it to the Apple Store for repairs or help if you buy elsewhere? Can you get Apple Care from B&H? Also, is there an advantage to buying in an Apple Store compared to buying online from Apple?

Just curious if you lose any benefits by purchasing through other outlets. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

No. Yes. Yes, or anywhere else, can buy AppleCare at any time during initial warranty. Only immediacy.

JoelMarcey

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
Northern California
Website is a little slow on my end, so here is the number if you want it:

800.606.6969 / 212.444.6615

I think I pressed Option 1 (Orders and Sales), then Option 3 (Computers), then Option 2 (Apple).

cusehoops11

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
New here

Thanks for the heads up! Just called and placed my order for the 16 GB Wifi in Black. There is tax in NY, but the retail price is 5 cents cheaper than in the store so I'll save a nickel. When I called, the guy asked me if I wanted it in Wifi or the Wifi + 3G, so 3G is available.

dmaul1114

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2011

Yes to both.

You can take it to the Apple store regardless of where you buy, and can still order the Applecare warranty regardless of where you buy.

ILikeTurtles

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thank you so much! Will be getting mine on Tuesday!!!!!!

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Their site is no longer saying "In Stock" for most models, just the Black 16GB WiFi now.

The other models are showing ,"New Item, Available for pre-order".

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
Grabbed one. A 32GB wi-fi. They said they will have all versions in stock tomorrow for sure. I asked him several times and he said they will have everything tomorrow. Ordered 2 day. I've done a lot of business with B&H in the past and btw never had any problem returning anything. I was actually on their web site and saw they had some in stock just before I read this post but thought you had to go into a physical store to get one. So thanks for the post OP.

ccf

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2011
Kadin/deeddawg/dmaul1114,

Thanks for the quick info. I guess the only thing you lose is if you were to change your mind or need to return it for some reason (having to ship it back & all that).

Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

midorigal

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
yippee!

THANKS so much OP! Placed our order about 1/2 hr ago, guy on the phone was nice and calm...hubby lived in NY for about 18 years and very familiar and comfortable with B&H!

jakester03

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just got the last 16 GB black wi-fi. Sales rep was awesome too! Thanks OP!

JoelMarcey

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
Northern California
You can pre-order

You can pre-order your iPad 2 if they don't have the one in stock. So say you want the 32GB WiFi White. They don't have that right now, but you can give them all your credit card info and shipping preference and they will put you in the queue to be shipped as soon as it is available.

The customer rep said there is a possibility of more coming in tomorrow, so that seems reasonable.

P.S. Good post here OP. I think it is helping a lot of people out.

TurtleGrrl

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt="ipad+2"&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

I've linked to their site but you have to call the number on the page to order.

As of this posting, they have 16gb black wifi & 32gb white wifi.

They do not charge sales tax and their shipping is super cheap. It was $12 for 2 day UPS shipping from NY to Cali (where I live). $2 for 3 day also and free for UPS ground.

They are very reputable and I've ordered tens of thousands of dollars of photo/video equipment from them in the past (as have most all the photographers and videographers I know).

B & H is pretty cool. I got my laptop there and the price and shipping were great.

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
I just hope they really do have stock and not something like "We're getting some soon!"

The guy assured me they had stock so hopefully I get it before I head off to San Francisco on Thursday morning.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Hope it's legit, ordered 16 black wifi. Only model in stock, only 1 per customer.
Hope it's all true! Seems too good to be, I'm a skeptic I guess, but NOBODY has em, but this place?? Cross fangers!

srhdt

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
Really just wanted to thank the OP for this. I've been driving around and calling all weekend to try and find one, and this thread was a stroke of good luck, as the model I wanted was the 16gb black wifi, which is the only model they had left according to the sales rep.

Anyways, my order went smoothly and the total I paid was $50 cheaper than buying locally due to no tax.

LateAppleFan

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
New York City
Wow, thanks for the tip. I just called and put one on hold to pick up today. I have been to the Apple store on 14th twice and the Best Buy on 6th Ave the last two days with no luck.

TIP - my call auto-routed to the supervisor after ringing for a while. He confirmed that they have the 16GB Wifi Black units. I was then transferred to sales, the person immediately said they don't have any in stock. I mentioned that the supervisor just checked, he re-checked and then apologized, saying it is indeed in stock.

I am out the door now to pick it up. Yay!!

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
Wow, thanks for the tip. I just called and put one on hold to pick up today. I have been to the Apple store on 14th twice and the Best Buy on 6th Ave the last two days with no luck.

TIP - my call auto-routed to the supervisor after ringing for a while. He confirmed that they have the 16GB Wifi Black units. I was then transferred to sales, the person immediately said they don't have any in stock. I mentioned that the supervisor just checked, he re-checked and then apologized, saying it is indeed in stock.

I am out the door now to pick it up. Yay!!

Keep us updated on what happens. I just want to know if they REALLY do have stock at the moment. :)

kansas-cty-shfl

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
Also created this account just to thank the OP. Kinda worried as I was also told that I got the last 16gb black wifi version. Got a confirmation though so looks good.

Adeeb11

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
soo if i ordered the 32 gb white, before it said available for pre order, i still get it wednesday rigght?

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Sounds like they sold the 'last one' to quite a few people.
Hope they are just confused, I ordered probably right before the hour, 2pm NY time.

El Carbonite

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2006
Ordered the 16GB Wi-Fi black model, which still shows In Stock online and I was not told I ordered the "last one". They may be saying that because of the 1 per customer limit maybe?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.