Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

betterhalf

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
Thanks, I was able to preorder one, rep said said more should be coming this week. I had a j&r preorder but they don't get them till the 25th.

zepica

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2010
Can someone who bought from bh please explain what is procedure when ordering via phone call? Will I get order number to email or something, and can I pay via paypal if I order via phone?

camelsnot

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2011
I have also done a lot of photo business with B&H, but I will warn you--be prepared for a little grilling if you want to return anything. From my experience Target is the best for no question returns, closely followed by Apple, then Best Buy.

opposite for me. I've purchased a lot of stuff for years by B&H and have NEVER had any issues with them if there was something defective or if I needed to return for refund on an item. NEVER. Outside of that, yeah Target is the easiest. Apple.. meh. They're kind of stingy with the whole defective battery thing for their MBPs years ago. I'll never go to them again because of it. Borderline douchey, like Jobs is when he hears rumors about an apple fail.

rk1985

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
Can someone who bought from bh please explain what is procedure when ordering via phone call? Will I get order number to email or something, and can I pay via paypal if I order via phone?

I don't think Paypal is an option over the phone. You will get an order number and you will also get an e-mail confirmation.

kansas-cty-shfl

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011

They gave me an order # over the phone and had an e-mail waiting for me by the time I hung up. I paid with a credit card, not sure if they can do paypal.

foodle

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
B&H is great in that they have a lot of stock, fast service, and good prices. However, they are in NYC, and sometimes over the phone they can be a little gruff. This also may be due to how busy they usually are. However, their service is typically excellent.

Justin Luck

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
This b&h deal has been known for quite a few days now. I had my alarm set to call b&h at 6:59am pacific. But after realizing that these units will likely have some screen issues, i have had to forgo my purchase. Sucks because I was really looking forward to my first iPad.

Josh125

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2008
Katy, TX
Thanks man, I'll wait to see if they get in the 3G models. B&H is a top notch place and probably the most trusted place for camera equipment on the web.

dehlz

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
Pretty amazing, I had my email confirmation sent even before getting off the phone with the rep. No sales tax makes this deal a definite steal, I'll have mine on Tuesday :)

r2b2007

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
Kissimmee, FL
Has anyone received a tracking number yet? I know they are quick about sending out email confirmation. Lets see how long it takes to get a tracking number.

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
Has anyone received a tracking number yet? I know they are quick about sending out email confirmation. Lets see how long it takes to get a tracking number.

It won't ship until tomorrow.

Someone else called in another thread on SomethingAwful and was told they're all out of iPad 2's. Interesting.

cocoseng

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
Backordered

A bit odd. Called about 1.5 hours ago and ordered a 32GB white WIFI. Was told by both the supervisor and sales associate that it was in stock, but now that I have the order confirmation, it says back ordered. Anyone else have this?

Boba001

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
They only had 16gb black wifi models left - that worked for me. $511 with 2-day shipping. :) Thanks!

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
A bit odd. Called about 1.5 hours ago and ordered a 32GB white WIFI. Was told by both the supervisor and sales associate that it was in stock, but now that I have the order confirmation, it says back ordered. Anyone else have this?

My order doesn't say anything about in stock or back ordered. Where are you seeing that?

This is what I have:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qty Brand Item Description Price Total
SKU#/Catalog# ================================================================================
1 APPLE iPAD 2 WI-FI 16GB - BLACK/REG 498.95 498.95 #APIP216AB/MC769LLA
This Item Has Free Shipping To The Continental USA *********THE B&H HOLIDAY SCHEDULE*********
The B&H Superstore will be CLOSED on Sunday, March 20 We will REOPEN Monday, March 21 at 9:00am

JoelMarcey

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
Northern California

When I called about the exact same model, they said only 16GB Black WiFi was available, but I could pre-order the white WiFi 32GB and it is probable that they will arrive tomorrow.

matt18012

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2003
Hi guys,

It took about 10 min on hold but I got through and placed my order at 2:43 NY time. I ordered a 16gb black wifi and was told it would probably ship out on Monday, but if not then, on Tuesday for sure. I got the two day ups air shipping for $10.70.

I figure if it doesn't ship out on Tuesday, I can always just cancel. Very friendly sales rep, and a great experience so far. Got my email confirmation right away too.

I will keep you all updated on what happens.

Adeeb11

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
mine doesnt say anything about being backordered, i ordered my 32 gb white, and they assured me that i would get it wednesday.

No1up

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2009
Thanks OP!!! I placed my order.... So when it gets here I'll take my ipad2 back to walmart or sell it on CL for $550 and have an ipad2 for $513.00!!! So a savings of.

$548.00
$513.00
_________
$35 in savings.... That's may case! :)

mytakeontech

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Just ordered 16GB Wifi.

I am really not sure whether they really have these in stock...why would they have these in stock when on one else is having!

I hope it's not like "kind of pre-order" and they are assuming they will get a shipment tomorrow.

Anyway, let's see when a tracking # is received tomorrow.

cocoseng

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
Check your status online

I went to the online order status after I received the email confirmation and clicked on the tracking tab.

dehlz

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
Just ordered 16GB Wifi.

I am really not sure whether they really have these in stock...why would they have these in stock when on one else is having!

I hope it's not like "kind of pre-order" and they are assuming they will get a shipment tomorrow.

Anyway, let's see when a tracking # is received tomorrow.

The rep I spoke to say they close on Friday's at 1, and closed all day Saturday. So basically, they were closed at the peak of the launch, hence why now they still have some in stock.

By the way, he also said they only had 16GB WiFi in black, not sure about those who ordered 32GB in White. You may have just pre-ordered unfortunately.

MatP

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
UGH. Just called. Sold out of everything. They will still take pre-orders. I am going to try my luck (or lack there of) else where first. Will probably just end up ordering with them anyway. No sales tax is nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.