iPad 2 leak video...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HXGuy, Jan 12, 2011.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

2. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Looks sexy, I can't wait to fondle it....

3. WilliamG macrumors 604

Are you serious?

This is a mock-up based on those pictures floating around. This isn't a "leak."

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I hope not, as the I like the look of the current iPad. Perhaps I'll jump on an existing iPad

5. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Ok, we can all accept this is not a real working unit, we all that part.

However, do we all think this is the real look/design/style of the real iPad2?

The real iPad2 will look exactly this this shape wise and hole/button wise?

Perhaps a different shade of silver/aluminium rear case. but other that that, this is the real deal?

Anything this this is all a total fake/hoax and not the design of the real iPad2?

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It's the same case manufacturer mockup captured in photos here last week.

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Biggest tip off that this is fake is the "2". Last time Apple put a Two on one of its products, it was the Mac "II", which was a major departure from the first Mac. The fact that the fakers put the "2" on there so prominently shows off that they are fakers.

Not to mention, the aesthetics of this design are plain sad.

8. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

Looks great, although I doubt it will say iPad 2 on the back.

9. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

yea I highly doubt there would be a big iPad 2 on the back even if it is called ipad 2.. it looks tacky. not to mention the icons on the "screen" are way off, take a glimpse at the safari icon and the blue background on the icon text.

10. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Yes, the screen is not real. Printing on the rear of the unit does not matter as it's only a mockup.

We're not disputing this is not a real product. It's clearly not.

Question is, do we think this is the real deal when it comes to size/shape button/speaker placement etc?

11. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

How about putting a "?" after your title in the message as it currently looks like this is a fefnitive video of the next iPad, not a question.

12. poloponies macrumors 68030

This is just one guy's guess; nobody left an iPad on a bar stool. His guess is no better than anyone else's.

13. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

So, you are saying you think someone actually make this mockup as a kind of joke, or just to stir up stories?

You don't feel it's an official mockup from Apple sent out to 3rd party case designers as a template for them to use?

14. poloponies macrumors 68030

Because nobody in the history of the Internet ever pulled a "hey, look at me!" stunt?

15. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

It may well be a totally fake item made from wood by a guy in his garage and sprayed silver with some transfers, just to wind all the forums and news areas up.

That's what I was wondering. If people here, do think it's a home made fake.

Or, looking at the design (yes we know's it's a non working mock-up) do we on these forums think this is a real Apple designed mockup and it exactly how the iPad2 will look?

16. poloponies macrumors 68030

If you suspend all reality and assume Apple really did send this dope a "mock-up" of their upcoming product then they also sent a lengthy and exhaustive non-disclosure, which said dope signed before he got his hands on anything. Again, assuming that he just doesn't give a hoot, he was at CES and someone at Apple would have gotten wind of his breach and would unload a *****storm of Biblical proportion on his ass.

Yes. All the above "could" happen. But not here.

17. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I'm trying to decode what you are saying ;)

You feel this is not an official mockup/iPad2 designs if it was Apple would of jumped on it before now?

18. poloponies macrumors 68030

I'm saying that if he was in a position to get a real mock-up from Apple then Apple would make sure it was protected. It usually involves some form of liquidated damages for breach. That means that the signer agrees that if he/she breaches he has to pay a (substantial) penalty for the incalculable losses incurred by Apple through the disclosure.

If he was smart enough to get that far then he's smart enough not to put a business relationship with Apple at risk.

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

How accurate is the mock up. To me it seems that they'll be very close to the end product.

If they took the dimensions from the new iPad cases, which apple provided the detailed specs for those cases. Then you can easily see the dimensions of the new iPad.

They're showing off a concave design, which is not unheard of for apple, they did the same with the first and second generation MBA.

Personally, I like the design of the current iPad, so so I'd be a bit disappointed to see something as different as being shown in the video.

20. poloponies macrumors 68030

To whom??? Apple doesn't "provide the detailed specs" willy-nilly. And if they did, they'd sure as heck make sure people didn't flaunt the details in this manner.

This is one guy's imaginary take.

21. NDDL05 macrumors member

In one of the thousand CES stories that were out there, someone quoted one of these case makers as saying it was simply their best guess based on rumored specs

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple doesn't give out any information to case makers prior to the release of a new model?

23. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

I would be totally fine if the next iPad looks like that, it still looks pretty good as a fake mock up model. As long as it's aluminum not plastic the iPad 2 will be pretty nice.