iPad 2 - Mark your predictions and play some bingo!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by godfreyhk, Mar 1, 2011.

1. godfreyhk macrumors member

Hi all,

I guess it's a little late, but I just launched an iPad 2 bingo site for tomorrow's event. I think this is somethings you guys are gonna enjoy a lot! I'll update the site LIVE tomorrow during the event :D

If we get enough attention this time I'll try to get someone to sponsor it during the iPhone 5 launch and get some prizes :)

Godfrey

2. godfreyhk thread starter macrumors member

3. Stetrain, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

Stetrain macrumors 68040

http://theapplebingo.com/boards/43

My guess for general outline:

1) Sales and general company info. One year of the iPad, stores, app store, digital content providers.
    2) OS 4.3, subscription demo.
    3) iOS 5.0 announced. Either a quick demo or a very long, full fleshing out of features with app demos.
    4) iPad 2. Thinner, lighter, faster. Facetime demo. App performance demos. Available very soon. WiFi version. 3G+CDMA version.

Now for the crazy one: Some sort of pricing adjustment. The $129 extra for the 3G versions seems a bit weird right now. Maybe drop it, so that the 3G versions are less than $100 more than the WiFi versions.

Really crossing fingers:
    $449 16GB WiFi
    $499 16Gb 3G
    $549 32gb WiFI, etc...

They don't strictly need to drop prices, but since it seems like they're being a bit conservative in the update, doing so would really twist the knife in the competition.

4. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

bro,

You know they will not lower their price. They sold 16 million iPad's last year!!! This year will probably beat that! The only fasible reason i see them dropping the price is if they continue to offer the current iPad after iPad2's release. Even then, i wouldn't expect more than $50 off.

5. godfreyhk thread starter macrumors member

If it went okay this time I really should crowd source the predictions for the iPhone 5 version... it's a bitch to come up with the predictions myself and i'm still amazed by the amount of rumors i missed!

6. THFourteen macrumors 6502a

THFourteen

not the right place to ask, but thread seems active - anyone who's pre-ordered from apple before, is there a limit on the number you can order?

my friend wants one, to save us both waking up at 3am or whenever, we might flip a coin and one person just orders both.

can we order two?

7. Stetrain macrumors 68040

I believe that the Verizon iPhone was one per customer, but I think it will vary by product. Just have to wait and see.

8. godfreyhk thread starter macrumors member

Not sure if it helps, but FYI the Canadian iPhone 4 launch was 2 per customer... which led to little to no profit for those who got an extra one for sale :p

9. godfreyhk, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

godfreyhk thread starter macrumors member

10. godfreyhk thread starter macrumors member

11. godfreyhk thread starter macrumors member

Thanks :D We should compare our scores during the event... I'll be updating it live so you'll know how well you did as the event is happening

12. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

13. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Cool idea man, I hope they have a live stream so it can be updated faster.

http://theapplebingo.com/boards/322

Also, I think I found a bug, I put a space in my name that I entered and so it doesn't show up.

14. iPadLad macrumors member

iPadLad

15. godfreyhk thread starter macrumors member

Yeahhhh.. a added some code which blew that up. It should be fixed now for new boards from now on (although your name is already lost). Sorry about that.. I guess that's why people write test :p

16. ozred macrumors 6502

17. SeanAppleDude macrumors member

SeanAppleDude

18. godfreyhk thread starter macrumors member

We have over 500 boards now! 30 minutes to go!!

19. godfreyhk thread starter macrumors member