iPad 2 owners are you having issues?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Xultar, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

My iPad 2 is crashing a lot. I'm wondering if restoring from m iPad 1 backup was a good idea. Any one else suffering random app crashes?

2. Gil22 macrumors member

The only thing I have noticed is one app that doesn't interact with the touchscreen right....I have to click the opposit side of the screen to get a button to press.....only that 1 app though so it may be the app BUT its one of the top free ones which makes me nervous

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I also used my iPad 1 backup to migrate over to the iPad 2. No problems so far (barely been a day) except for reentering a few passwords.

4. diabolic macrumors 68000

Not a single app crash since I bought it on launch day. What apps are crashing? I set mine up as new instead of restoring from my original iPad.

5. sdbutler macrumors newbie

iPad Crashes

I've had the same problem. It has crashed on 3 separate occasions. I don't know why, there hasn't been a pattern with the crashing. It has done it with different apps each time.

6. gigaguy macrumors 65816

preliminary tests looks like Wifi antenna is stronger on my ipad1 than my ipad2. Will keep testing, but you'd be surprised at how few wifi zones I run into. Thus both my pads are 3G!

7. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

I haven't had any problems with mine so far, I guess I'm lucky or I just don't go looking for tiny problems to warrant a return.

8. Cha macrumors regular

When you sync your iPad, you can look at the crash logs that gets placed on your computer with every sync.

If your browser is crashing, try to clear your cache/cookies/etc from your Safari. My guess would be you may be having some issues with apps that are not fully 4.3 compliant just yet.

Which apps crash for you?

9. Xultar, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011

Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I noticed issues with wifi today. It just wouldn't connect. I'm t a hotel so ill check when I get home to see if issues persist.

I'm seeing crashes with twitter and icab right now. I don't have much running either.

10. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it could just be that the app hasn't been tested on ios 4.3. i was having issues with instapaper, but it's all good now after the latest update.

11. Xultar, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

Xultar

Ummm who said anything about returning? I really dislike posters who assume the worst it isn't constructive.

I'm trying to get some help and solve an issue here.

12. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

same here... only happened 2-3 times. I didn't migrate as this is my first ipad...

13. J.W.Pepper macrumors newbie

I migrated from my iPad 1 and have had a lot of freezing and crashing. No apps in particular causing it from what I can tell. With one app, Overkill, the touch screen responds as if it has been rotated 180 degrees. I am restoring it right now.

14. illinigator macrumors newbie

my camera (front&rear) stopped working. noticed it on facetime and rebooted fixed it that time. Now for three days and multiple reboots/restores no joy. Calling applecare in the morning.

15. Xultar, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011

Xultar

When I get home I'm gonna restore and start as new. I'll lose my game stats and setup but it is a small price to pay for a solution.

I didn't even know I had the light bleed issue until today. It doesn't bug me. I don't turn mine up to bright and use it in dark rooms. They'll Have to pry this iPad 2 from my cold dead hands. Cuz I gave my mom my iPad 1 and she will not give it back.

Report back and peep me on the outcome. I may have to go that route when I get home next week.:(

16. Cha macrumors regular

I also have twitter running and I just played with iCab for the past 20 mins or so trying to crash it... I had youtube videos playing in one tab, espn, pages with loads of pictures (like that forum.skyscraperpage.com) and visiting a bunch of javascript pages all in different tabs. Unfortunately I could not get it to crash... I did set up my iPad 2 as new and did not import my iPad 1 backup.

17. ozred macrumors 6502

+1

18. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

zero issues other then the ipad freezing when i tried to reboot it on launch day. since the reboot its been working perfectly. I came from an ipad 1 but I didnt restore the backup just in case it caused issues.

19. J.W.Pepper macrumors newbie

UPDATE ---- Bricked

A full restore attempt resulted in error 21:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275 .

The iPad is now stuck in recovery mode.:(

20. Cha macrumors regular

1) Try to re-download the firmware and try again
    2) If the above doesn't work... then (on a mac) go to /Users/<name>/Library/iTunes/Device Support
    and delete or move all the files in that directory and try again

21. J.W.Pepper macrumors newbie

Tried that, but still nothing. Thanks.

22. Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I'm thinking it was my restore from backup. I've been on two forums and ive seen users get stuck in recovery mode.

I was building from new the first night. Then I interrupted it to restore from backup because I wanted to retain my game stats. Then I got stuck in recovery for a while and finally fixed it so I could restore from backup. That may have caused my issue. But I'm hesitant to go back to recovery because I don't want it to get stuck again. But I guess I'll try it. :confused: I'm willing to do anything I love my iPad 2

23. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

My primary issue: finding a third-party case for the iPad 2. The Apple-supplied cover in my opinion does not provide enough protection. [​IMG]

24. thep33t macrumors regular

I am not having app crash issues, only consistent wifi issues.

25. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I think you should always start fresh with new hardware.