iPad 2 smart cover & sleeve/case combo

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Espo, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Espo macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

So I'm awaiting my iPad 2 in the mail and I already ordered my smart cover. I will be carrying my iPad around in my bookbag (it has a pouch for CPUs etc) because I will be using it for class and such. I was thinking about getting a sleeve to hold it, but I'm also worried about protecting the back. What do you guys suggest? Stick with just the smart cover, or get a sleeve for it also? Or maybe another option? I also want to protect it while it's in my bag (i have a North Face Reacon bag). I'd also like something not to bulky and allows me
    To show the iPads beauty. Thanks!

2. shootingrubber macrumors 6502

I am in the same dilemma as you right now. I am considering purchasing the ColcaSac sleeve for the iPad 2 with smart cover. Here is the link for it: http://www.colcasac.com/ipad-sleeve/uintah-ipad-sleeve.

3. sotie macrumors 6502

You can apply a skin to the back for scratch protection.

4. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

I highly recommend the STM iPad jacket. I picked one at staples for $25 and love it. You can also get it from amazon.

5. JLemm macrumors regular

Black iPad 2, red smart cover, black iCarbons

:D

6. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I was about to say the same thing. The Pad Jacket is by far the best and most versatile iPad case/sleeve I've used. If you want a shoulder bag (like a mini laptop bag) that can be converted into a sleeve when you need it to go into a backpack (the shoulder strap comes off), this is perfect. It has just enough room for my iPad, my glasses case, and my iPhone, as well as a small notebook, and it still doesn't feel very bulky.

For $23 on Amazon you can't go wrong.
    IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FMU320/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

7. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I have the black leather Smart Case, but wanted something minimal to take the iPad out and about in. Ordered this, from Waterfield Designs: suede jacket-ipad