iPad 2 UK Apple online order thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by decson, Mar 26, 2011.

1. decson macrumors regular

Hi all

Ok, so I got my order in at 1229am (without 1-click) for 1 32GB black wifi, current estimate as follows:
    Estimated Shipping: 15 Apr, 2011
    Estimated Delivery: 25 Apr, 2011

I did luckily (although not a lucky as some who actually got their cases yesterday) get my order for the RED smart case the day before in the afternoon, current estimate as follows:
    Estimated Shipping: 14 Apr, 2011
    Estimated Delivery: 18 Apr, 2011

Yesterday evening after seeing a lot of folk are having luck with PC World, John Lewis, etc I was extremely tempted to cancel and then try my luck once the credit was available on my account again. But for now have decided to stick with apple.

So perhaps this is a bit of wishful thinking, delusional but perhaps:

1. As apple sends more stock to the UK, won't the warehouses for orders also get stocked?
    2. Seems to be a standard estimate across europe, is this for them to cover themselves until they know how many they will of sold yesterday/this weekend to then work out if they can push some through delivery?

So, time for peoples thoughts, ideas, I have a feeling it definitely (unless miracle happens) wouldn't be next week. Even if it was to come from China next week is it definitely 2 weeks from there to UK?

Thoughts all? Whose sticking with their apple orders? Just in case it turns out to be sold out everywhere like it did in the states? We can share the wait/dreams that it may be earlier, etc.

Also a lot of folk seem to be cancelling their apple orders now, will that help us (hoping this is just me waiting) out!

Cheers!

2. der boons macrumors member

der boons

exact same situation to yourself.

Ordered the 64gb wifi + 3g in black also at 12:29am yesterday and have the same shipping and delivery dates.

fingers crossed all the lucky people from yesterday will cancel and they will move our orders up the queue although surely we must have been some of the fastest fingers out there at that time of the morning.

3. decson thread starter macrumors regular

Hi

I only saw one comment from someone who had a 12.28am time, a few other 12.29am's but a lot after that. so I think we're pretty top of the list already.

Its just how long will it take, I think apple changed its strategy and pushed all of their stock to shops rather than the warehouse this time, where as in the states the first one hour of orders got it the week after.

Hoping :eek: that they divert some to the warehouse next week rather than just filling up the shops, guess we will see.

Did speak to apple this morning to find out about the cancellation process. The guy reckons it will be quicker but had no facts so like me guess work only :(

4. THFourteen macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Some People who ordered early on march 11th are still having their iPads shipped now!

I'd investigate other options while you wait, Argos, John Lewis, tesco etc.

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Same here, ordered my 16gb wifi black iPad 2 at 12.49 and Havd the same dates as OP. Thought about looking elsewhere like others have done but will just wait for apple. Wish I waited in line now but saying that I hate doing that. We just have to hold apple gets us our products sooner than it says. I'm tempted go look at John Lewis and Argos but worried about cancelling with apple and if something goes wrong with my money

6. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Same boat but I'm hanging on, primarily because those dates suggest that these won't be first batch units and long, painful experience has taught me that's likely a good thing with Apple products.

On the delivery dates bear in mind a) shipping from china might be a bit unpredictable for apple as they don't know if the situation in Japan may tie up some air freight capacity a few weeks from now and b) the Easter weekend is in the middle of that period so thats probably pushing out delivery estimates.

7. decson thread starter macrumors regular

I'd happily wait if it were 2 weeks say. But the 25th April :eek: thats the one that scares me.

With regards to the Japan situation and shipping, yes reckon apple are being cautious. But as someone else pointed out some in states are still waiting who ordered on first day for their items to ship :eek::eek:

8. der boons macrumors member

der boons

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

My wife just told me she put an order through on currys site for ne at 6.30pm last night but she hasn't got a confirmation email yet for it.

Looks like the Currys v Apple race is now on!

9. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

if i were to cancel with apple and get from say tesco or john lewis would they still take my money? not saying i will but it's worth looking into.

10. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

nevermind, think I will just wait for apple and pray that i get mine earlier than expected.

Think i'm just jealous of those who already have theirs thats why :(

11. decson thread starter macrumors regular

You would get the money back from apple, spoke to them their finance people would start it monday then takes the same as a normal refund up to 4 working days.

Am feeling the same as you, in a big way!

I should just wait, but part of me WANTS NOW!

12. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I've never had one so is waiting at worse a month a bad thing? no but when you read all the people on here it makes it worse.

I'm hoping that we will get ours earlier than expected.

I have yet to receive an e-mail confirming my order...i ordered through 1 click.

Anybody had their yet?

13. THFourteen macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

nope not me, but we can see our orders on the site so no biggie.

I had an iPad one which I sold, so even worse for me - I know what I'm missing!

14. DyManic macrumors member

Same here - I sold my iPad 1 a week ago and miss it loads.

Hoping I get my PC World order Monday or Tuesday. Will then cancel the Apple online order placed at 12:39am Friday.

15. shandyman Suspended

judging by the fact that shops in the states are constantly running out, and the way the queues were in the UK yesterday, i am fairly certain that any stocking coming to the UK will be for stores only, like in the US with online orders coming straight from China, as someone else here said, many people who ordered as soon as orders went up in the US are still waiting for them to even be shipped, let alone be half way to them.Realistically i think anyone who thinks they're getting theirs sooner than the estimated arrival date of 25/04/11 is being extremely overly optimistic and will be disappointed.

The smart covers can and will come quicker as they're quicker to manufacture. Tho i'm not sure if they might just hold them back to ship with the iPad order if you ordered both at the same time.

16. decson thread starter macrumors regular

I had an iPad 1 too, and think this may be apple sweet revenge as I got my last one a week after it was released in states quite some time prior to the UK.

So have decided to wait, and think/hope apple will deliver earlier..

With all the folks cancelling apple could put a load in the warehouse next week, you never know :rolleyes:

17. RobNor macrumors regular

Below is what is stated on an Apple cancellation email

"If you have paid by credit card, you have not been billed for the items listed above. However, if you have paid by debit card, payment will be refunded within the next 5 - 7 business days."

18. FeaRThiS macrumors 6502

i Ordered at 3:08 and got a 15th shipping date and 25th delievery date. Canceled the order now and gone else where but doesnt seem to matter too much what time you ordered. Loads of people are/have canceled their orders with apple anyway so people who ordered late will get bumped up as more people cancel.

19. decson thread starter macrumors regular

It still takes a few days for them to release the funds back on your credit card though doesn't it. As it is held against the apple item.

20. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Ok... so cancelled my Apple Online Store iPad 2 order.... cos i went and bought one off the shelf in the Apple Store Glasgow.... wait til the end of April for delivery... i don't think so!!!

16GB Black WiFi only version... sitting on my desk charging and syncing as i type!!!

21. Inverted81 macrumors newbie

Another one in the same camp. Order placed online at 1230AM on the 25th. Shipping date 15th April.

I've been seriously tempted to cancel and buy from a store, however, seeing how stock went in the US quite loathed to cancel just in case. Problem being, as said above, the funds have already been allocated... i get paid next week so might change my mind.

Out of interest, i ordered the iPad and cover together, and saw that the delivery method was merge in transit. In previous experience this added a few days to delivery whilst the seperate items were packaged together. So i cancelled the case and reordered it under a seperate order. Now both are fast ship, so hopefully that may help.

i must admit i'm quite dissappointed Apple had NO stock available for online orders.... :eek:

22. Laticste macrumors newbie

Estimated Delivery: 26 Apr, 2011

Ordered online 25th March at 12.59am via one click. Finally received a confirmation email not too log ago too. Day a little longer than some others as my smart cover is being merged in transit with the iPad.

I think they will be despatched much earlier, end of next week (too optimistic? ;) ) but I'm not too bothered as it will still arrive in the next month.

Can't wait to get my hands on it!

23. decson thread starter macrumors regular

I'm living on optimistic :)

If its the 25th so be it, but hopefully before!

24. oliverumy, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011

oliverumy macrumors newbie

ordered 2:05 am

I Ordered a black ipad 32GB wifi from apple uk.
    Order Date: Mar 25, 2011 at 02:05 AM GMT
    Estimated Delivery: 25 Apr, 2011
    I live in Cyprus so I can't buy it from the apple store... I'm going to have to wait for my cousin to send it to me... I think it will probably ship a week sooner. READ THIS (it’s a comment I found on Product reviews) ------> I'm from the US and I ordered my iPad at 7:30 am on March 11 (launch day here). It gave me a shipping date of April 1, however, I received confirmation from Apple yesterday, March 24, that my product had shipped. This was obviously surprising news. So for you UK customers, although April 25th is a ways off, I wouldn't be too worried. My guess is that they'll ship your iPads sooner than that date (maybe 2 weeks from now rather than 4). There's always hope :)

25. act1980 macrumors regular

act1980

It's depressing how long the wait to order online is!

I want one now!!!:eek: