iPad 2- White or Black?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xelaetaks, Apr 23, 2011.

?

iPad2 - White or Black?

1. White

53 vote(s)
    45.3%
  2. Black

60 vote(s)
    51.3%
  3. Neither

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. xelaetaks macrumors member

Which is your color of choice?

If I get one I think I may go with a white one just cause it seems like a newer look to me with the iPad.

2. Siggen macrumors 6502

I hate the white bezel, its so distracting while using the damn thing :p

black bazel reflects significantly less photons and looks smaller really, even though its just as wide so you can hold it.

EDIT:
    I would not mind the white back, but i prefere the aluminium one, so the black iPad was a must for me.

3. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

4. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

I have both and I actually like the white better. When I first saw the white one I thought it would be a distraction when watching movies etc. Less than a day of using it, I find that it blends into the background faster than the black does which really surprised me.

5. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

6. freeman727 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

White looks very toy like.

7. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

When I first heard about iPad 2's release, I immediately knew that I would get a black one, but when I actually went into an apple retail store and played with them both, I started to like the White one more. It just seemed to blend in with the background more and made the display more vivid. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but the White model's screen seemed brighter than the black one - don't take my advice for it, it may not be noticeable to various people, but the image on the White model looked better, the black one seemed dull. I bought the White model at the end, love it :d

8. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

With the continued supply shortages, isn't this like asking what color Ferrari you should buy?

If you decide you like white, and model you want is only to be had in black, honestly, are you going to pass it up?

9. xelaetaks thread starter macrumors member

Well if you order online you can pick any model you want. If I was getting a Ferrari I think I'd much prefer to go with my color of choice.

10. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Shortage? You can order whatever color you want from Apple.

11. benjayman2 macrumors 6502

benjayman2

You know what's also not in short supply? These white vs black iPad threads :p
    Just so I don't leave feeling that I had contributed my 2c. White does not district in any way. It's all in your head. I work in a professional environment as well and none of my colleagues nor my boss think my white iPad is unprofessional.

12. Antfer macrumors member

13. RXtar macrumors newbie

Color choice

Its 2bad :apple: doesn't make them in aluminum, like the macbook pro

14. thibaulthalpern macrumors regular

Definitely black for the following reasons:

1. it matches the black plastic on the back of the iPad
    2. a black border is less intrusive than a white border, especially when viewing movies or using the iPad as a digital photo frame
    3. the black border makes the glass look a lot more seamless and bigger

15. gigemzach macrumors 6502

16. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

17. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

And when the screen is on, the White is better.

18. GP_1 macrumors regular

19. slicecom macrumors 68020

Unless you're watching a movie or looking at any websites or using any apps with dark backgrounds.

20. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I voted neither because I'm assuming neither allows me to suggest an Android tablet? However if I had to choose I'd go with the black; the white is different and a nice change but I think I would get bored of it after a while.

21. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Yeah, dark backgrounds look horrendous on the White model, but any apps with colourful or light/White backgrounds looks very attractive :d

22. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

That's not true at all, the white bezel actually makes the black apps seem better. Comparing a black app on a black bezel brings attention to the contrast levels.

23. madat42 macrumors regular

At first, I bought into all the hubbub that the black bezel is better for movies, looks more classy, stays cleaner, etc. Then when I exchanged it, all they had was white so I thought WTF, let's go with white. Getting to handle it in the store helped. Now having it for a couple of weeks, I'm convinced white has its advantages which make me glad for choosing it. One, the bezel looks cleaner because fingerprints and smudges are hidden. Another, I spend most of my time browsing and reading, using Kindle, Zite, and Flipboard. The white bezel with a white background just looks damn good. Not everyone's into it - I get it. But if you're one of those who are knocking it and you've never even held it in your hands, you're doing yourself and others a diservice. I agree, photos of the white model don't look as appealing as the black. In person, though - the white is actually darker or a greyer shade.

-

24. Vicky! macrumors newbie

I didn't have to think twice; I wanted the WHITE bezel.

Here's why: I know each has their strengths and weaknesses as far as iBooks and movies and everything goes. So I figured the best way to go about it was based on personal preference.

My favorite color is pink. The white iPad looks much better with pink accessories. Problem solved. :D