Ipad 3 owners: Are YOU upgrading to the 4?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I will be keeping my ipad 3. I don't want to take the loss, and am getting a mini, so I will be keeping the 3. The 5 will probably be redesigned and I will more than likely get that one.

2. Uplift macrumors 6502

If anyone is, I'd love to hear why? Because there is absolutely no reason?

I've got a 3 but thinking of downgrading to the mini

3. LanEvo macrumors 6502

I got both.

4. xak macrumors regular

Nope. Waste of money for lack of a significant upgrade. I'll wait till the next generation, which hopefully will weigh less.

5. mac jones macrumors 68040

Yes, I already have. Prepared for shipment.

Why am I?

Because I can sell the 3 for a very good price easily, and the difference is only going to about $100.

In other words, it's probably worth a $100 for the upgrade. I can afford the C note. It will not suffer in any way, I will sleep soundly. I will not feel foolish reading these pathetic posts made by children.
    I will enjoy the new toy and........(ok I'm getting carried away) :eek:

6. Bokes macrumors 6502

My ipad 3 screen is perfect.
    Some web pages are a tad sluggish- but I assume they work out the software bugs soon enough. Other than that works 100%.

Fools are selling 3 for the 4. are taking a risk.
    If Samsung is not making the screens I would be worried about QC.

They will be selling 4 for lighter/thinner 5 in a about 8 months.

$$ to burn

7. mac jones macrumors 68040

Does this even make sense? :D

8. CandieB macrumors member

Keeping my 3, but I also just ordered the Mini.

9. pantherus05 macrumors member

The processor in the 3 is not fast enough for the retina. You can't even smoothly move around the Maps app without it glitching. Selling my 3 and buying a 4. Will be about $50-100 for the upgrade... well worth it in my opinion. Any others?

10. jbimler macrumors regular

11. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have a Verizon 32gb LTE and would take a lot bigger hit than that, according to that average price right now on EBay. How did you figure that?

12. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

13. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Yes it does.

Apple is moving away from Samsung as supplier. They've produced far superior displays than Apple's other suppliers. LG was plagued with issues and Sharp is struggling.

Rumor mill is iPad overhaul in the summer, thats 8-9mo away.

14. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

No real reason to, a new processor and plug doesn't change anything for me. My iPad 3 works great and I'm keeping it

15. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

No need to switch right now to 4; my 3rd gen works perfect; CPU power is sufficient. Ok, sometimes it gets more warm but that don't disturb me.

16. chemten macrumors newbie

returning the 3 I bought and already pre-ordered the 4. It's less than 2 weeks old, so should be no problem.

I was hesitant at first since I have all 30-pin accessories and iphone 4s, but ultimately the updated a6 made it worth it.

Kind of a bummer, though, that they split out the sd card and usb dongle into 2 seperate product purchases for the lightning version.

17. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

yes i agree. the 3 is glitchy and my 2 was way smoother. i got rid of my 3 for the 4 as i also had wifi glitchy issues. the wifi on my iphone 5 is much better and since they changed the wifi on the 4, i decided to sell my 3 and get the 4. also cost me a $100, over the 8 months i had the 3, its worth it.

18. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

the speed will be remarkable. but im stuck with my ipad 3. Plus it seems kind of half baked. I think the next ipad will cut the bezels down like the mini. be thinner and lighter and have the same design as the iphone 5 and ipad mini. If i can get one of the many tethering apps working on my iPhone 5. I may keep the extra mini I ordered and sell my ipad 3.

19. Uofmtiger macrumors 68000

Uofmtiger

No, for my needs, the iPad 3 is fine. I don't notice the glitchy behavior others have mentioned, so I don't see much benefit and the downside is the new connector ( I still have a 4s, so one plug for all works better for me).

I will wait to see if the next iPad moves me to change. No interest in the mini, either.

20. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I buy as much Apple stuff as I can afford (read Fanboy) but even I'm passing on the 4. It's dumb but I'd really be more tempted to get one if it had the new chamfer edges like the iPhone 5 and Mini (read redesign).

Did order a mini though.

21. CausticPuppy macrumors 65816

Nah, but I'll probably upgrade to the 5th generation iPad, which will now come out sooner than I expected. :)

22. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

No, can't really see any reason. My typical use is Safari and iBooks, so the refresh is no big deal.

23. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

Link? I haven't seen this claim anywhere yet.

I'm giving my iPad 3 to my wife, getting the iPad 4, and selling her iPad 2 to Amazon for around $400. When the iPad 5 comes out, my wife will get my 4, and we'll sell the iPad 3. Rinse and repeat.