IPad 3: Ready for Pickup!

JesseW6889

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
I just checked the pre-order status of the iPad I ordered to be shipped to the store in Brandon, Fl and it says it's ready for pickup!!!

It also says I need to get it by the 25th.

Is there anyway they would give this to me on a technicality!?!

Laserawesome

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Boston, MA
I just checked the pre-order status of the iPad I ordered to be shipped to the store in Brandon, Fl and it says it's ready for pickup!!!

Double check that you didn't order an iPad2 by mistake....

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
I'm on the phone with Apple right now and they said not to worry about the pickup email notification. They said that it's an automatically-generated email once the store receives their iPad inventory that's shipped to them.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011

Cool thats the same Apple Store I go to...lol

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Iphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

JesseW6889 said:

Go down there immediately, they'll definitely give you your ipad 2 days early.

lcseds

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2006
NC, USA
Maybe you need to read the notice a little more carefully. There is no way in hades an Apple store will give it to you early. No way.

nick7138

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2010
Maybe you need to read the notice a little more carefully. There is no way in hades an Apple store will give it to you early. No way.
The email says it's ready for pickup but not until the 16th. If you take a closer look at the pick it clearly says that pickup is available March 16th. Apple just sent these out now to confirm availability.

iapplelove

macrumors 601
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
i also did in store pick up..but have to wait till 8am on the 16th

no worries i can walk in any time i want and avoid the line..

and yes at first in store pick up was not available i tried from after the key note and all night..but finally saw it was an option early in the morning

can't freakin wait!! sold my ipad2 and i am having huge withdrawls

wrecks

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Oahu
i also did in store pick up..but have to wait till 8am on the 16th

no worries i can walk in any time i want and avoid the line..

and yes at first in store pick up was not available i tried from after the key note and all night..but finally saw it was an option early in the morning

can't freakin wait!! sold my ipad2 and i am having huge withdrawls
You might have to wait in a pre-order line. If it's anything like the first iphone 4, it's will be huge. But if it is like the first ipad 1 sale, it won't be bad.