ipad 3 scuffs/ scratchs

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Afbar1114, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

How does the back of the ipad hold up to scratches and scuff marks? When im at home i dont like to leave it in a case but i will use smart cover. I want to keep it looking new since my gf got it for me

2. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I keep my iPad in a timbuk2 case when not in use. It's never outside the case otherwise.

3. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Just put a skin on the back. That's what I do.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

^^^ This. If you get a clear skin to put on the pack (and the screen too, while you're at it), you'll have protection from scratches and it'll still look like an uncovered iPad.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It holds up quite well. It won't scratch easily on the back unless you do something extraordinary to it.

Then again, you're listening from someone who doesn't mind a scratch or two here and there if they come.

But if you go to your local store with an iPad, just see how they look. Not so bad.

6. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I stick with the Belkin stuff on both my iPhone and iPad. The clear Belkin SnapShield looks awesome on the iPad and maintains the thin profile of the unit. From a distance, you can barely even tell it's on there. It won't protect very well from drops, but it will definitely keep scratches off the back and it looks really nice. Nothing hangs over the bezel either, so you have a free and clear view of the screen.

7. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Your iPad will develop scuff marks eventually if you don't use some type of back protection. A few of my friends only use the smart cover and the back is covered with marks. They don't mind though.

A well designed case can add to the functionality of your iPad.