iPad ipad 3 users are you still on ios 6 ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ramram55, Oct 4, 2013.

1. ramram55 macrumors 6502

like to know those ipad 3 owners how soon will you upgrade to IOS 7 ? if at all.

2. HipsterGG macrumors member

HipsterGG

Done it when it was available, never regret it and love it since Beta 1

3. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

im still on ios 6. im waiting on the ipad 5 so im leaving it on 6 for the sale of the 3

4. walkie macrumors 6502

I think I will stick on iOS 6 until I feel the need to buy a new tablet, I've read people complaining about lags on iPad 3 running iOS 7.

5. Cyloncat macrumors regular

Cyloncat

I've been on iOS7 since beta 2. While the betas were laggy and sometimes unstable, the final release runs fine on iPad3.

Whether you like it or not is up to you, so try it out first on someone else's iPad if you can. I'm pretty much OK with it except for the music app.

6. SC54HI macrumors member

SC54HI

Still on ios 6 but mostly because my favorite app (NYT crosswords) is also the most dysfunctional & probably won't work w/ios 7.

Really liking io7 on my iphone 4.

7. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

We have an iPad 3 and a Mini. The Mini was updated to iOS 7 but I'm keeping the iPad 3 on iOS 6 for now. I don't much like iOS 7 and see no reason to upgrade the 3. Perhaps later they will address some of the things I dislike about it.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Have iPad 3 and a mini, not updating either to iOS 7. I don't really like how iOS 7 looks, find it much harder to use than iOS 6. I'm especially not pleased with how many of the stock iOS apps are now just blown-up iPhone apps instead of being specifically formatted for tablet size.

That said, I will most likely get iPad 5, so I guess I'll have to learn to live with iOS 7 then.

9. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I've an iPad 3 that is still on iOS 6. I'll upgrade when iOS 7.1 is released. Not sure I can resist that long.

10. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Upgraded my 3 to iOS 7 since the second beta came out. Only real slowing effect I've seen is when setting the background. Other then that the performance for me is just like iOS 6.

11. Steveo13 macrumors regular

Steveo13

I got iOS 7 on mine, seems to work fine, no issues yet.

12. thegreati macrumors regular

After hearing mixed reviews from numerous people I am sticking with iOS6. I haven't had any issues with it. If it ain't broke don't fix it. :)

13. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I am currently running it on both me and wife's iPad 3's. No complaints and no issues with them.

Actually really like it on the iPad.

14. csrini1 macrumors regular

First date upgrade for me on ipad2. It is not bad. Slow of course compared to my iphone 5 .

15. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I updated both my iPad 3 and my iPad Mini to iOS 7 -- no problems.

16. gully319, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

gully319 macrumors newbie

I upgraded to iOS7 a few days after it was released and I'm glad I did. Everything works well and I'm enjoying iTunes radio.

17. mncmoore macrumors regular

mncmoore

Nope. And I love ios7. Can't wait for the new new ipad 5

18. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

I'm still on 6 and will wait a little while longer before I switch.

19. jlnr macrumors regular

My iPad 3 is on 6.1.2, jailbroken for f.lux. I might upgrade once iOS 7.1 is out and has been jailbroken…maybe...

20. JulianL macrumors 65816

I upgraded to iOS 7 the day after it was officially released and am so happy I did. I love it. My only issue is the slight lag on the keyboard when switching between letters and numbers but the benefits far outweigh that small issue plus I can't believe that Apple won't fix it very soon at which point I'll be 100% happy.

21. RevTEG macrumors 6502

RevTEG

IPad 3 owner here and I'm still on ios 6. But only because I'm Jailbroken. My iphone 5 is running ios 7. My wife and kid are running ios 7 on their phones and iPads.

Ill upgrade as soon as I can Jailbreak. Got to be able to watch local hockey.. ;)

22. Teste macrumors 6502

Same here. I actually tried iOS 7, and it worked better than I expected. But I don't really like the design, I didn't like the changes to Safari, and one of the apps I use the most kept crashing.

I'm happy with iOS 6. The newer version doesn't have anything I consider a "must have".

23. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I actually upgraded to iOS 7 on my iPad 3 on day 1 to see what it was like. I don't depend on my iPad for anything and can accept a little lag which is all that I have experienced.

I've kept iOS 6 on my iPhone 5 though and have no plans to update to iOS 7. I like getting multi-day battery life with iOS 6.

24. quadchick10 macrumors member

quadchick10

I am still on 6.1 because I am jailbroken. I am not fond of the new OS 7. I think it is bland and ugly. I don't think I will never get rid of my jailbreak. The themes that I have are so much better looking than the OS 7. This is just my opinion.

25. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I hesitated for a few weeks due to the horror stories I read about with regard to the iPad 3 and iOS 7. However, I began to notice that a lot of apps weren't updating on iOS6 -- and that some new releases were iOS7 only so I upgraded.

I did it OTA and it's been running about as well for me as iOS 6 did. No problems or lag that didn't already exist previously.