Ipad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Blobs21, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Blobs21 macrumors newbie

I have an ipad 3 and my device gets really really hot. I can barely hold it sometimes. Is this an issue and what do you think about the possibility of an ipad mini? I might trade this ipad in for the mini.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No iPad mini, but what you can do is take your iPad to the Apple Store.

3. Blobs21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I was reading something about how they get hot pretty easily and I didn't know if this was a widespread problem that I just have to deal with or that I should take it in to the store.

4. Kolmogorov macrumors member

You should take it to the store and ask for a replacement.

5. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

it should not get so hot that you can't hold it. Take it in.

6. davedvdy macrumors regular

Taking it in would be helpful as mentioned, and also, where is your brightness level? keeping it down to half way or less helps a lot with heat I've found.

7. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

If it gets so hot you can't hold it, there's a problem, but I would bet yours gets just as hot as everybody elses.

8. taipan61 macrumors 6502

they do get warm, if yours is that hot then you probably have a bad battery and should take it in

9. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

OMG people, the iPad 3 does not have a heat issue. If you seriously can't handle the iPad 3 because it's soooo hot, then you must be made of damn snow.

It barely warms up and it's due to the screen.

* Pro Tip * : turn down the brightness to about 55%-65% and the heat will disapper ENTIRELY aaaaaaaaaaand you'll incease battery life.

:rolleyes:

10. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

Good tip! I heard if you disable wifi, bluetooth, cellular, location services and just keep the device in constant sleep mode the heat issue goes away entirely, not to mention an huge increase in battery life! :rolleyes:

11. TheMarc, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012

TheMarc macrumors member

I love that solution... To make the new Ipad actually usable, one should reduce the brightness, and with it clarity and overall "beauty", of the screen and image, while that's its main feature...