Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

014449-ipad3g.jpg

Apple announced that the 3G version of the iPad will be delivered to pre-order customers in the U.S. on Friday, April 30th and in retail stores starting at 5 p.m. the same day. The Wi-Fi version of the iPad became available on April 3rd this month while the 3G version has lagged behind.

Meanwhile, Apple has begun shipping the iPad Camera Connection Kit to customers. The kit allows iPad owners to download digital photos to their iPad using a USB or SD Card interface. There's been reports that the USB interface may also support USB audio, opening the door to 3rd party audio devices to connect.

Article Link: iPad 3G to be Available on April 30th in U.S., Camera Connection Kit Shipping

varchar

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2008
Talk about being late april... its literally end of april....

Now gotta count the days....

Comment

ReallyOldGuy

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
This is wonderful, I leave at 7am the morning of the 30th for a week, no way out of it.......:mad:

I am a pre order

Comment

SteveSparks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
St. Louis, MO.
Yea! Finally released. The 5pm is so people who pre-ordered don't go buy then return the one they preordered.

PS. Please put all the iPhone 4G stuff on page 2. I'm tired of it..

Comment

crbhappyis

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
Is the wait over or just beginning........I can't tell!

Wow, that seems so far away! I returned my 32gb wifi IPad yesterday and was hoping that I would get the 3G on Saturday, not very happy! I was really excited when I received the email yesterday that said that they were still on target for late April, but it almost seems deceitful to deliver them on the very last day of the month, did they mean late April or last of April. Anyhow, can't wait, but at least I can stop looking and checking everywhere for a clue to when it will deliver. :rolleyes:

Comment

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
I just want to have a look at one in real life in the UK. I won't be buying one though.

Comment

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
I'm excited to have a date....but a little....just a little...disappointed too. Why did they charge my credit card 10 days before I get my iPad? That seems a little slippery. They have the use of my $$$ for 10 days and I get.....to wait for 10 days.

Steve

Comment

chris7777

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
I remember several years back asking a sales rep about using a palm pilot for dumping photos while on vacation and him acting like I was crazy for asking.
(before I knew they had next to no internal memory)
And almost getting an archos music player (with 30gigs)for the same reason.

I definitely am interested, I just wish apple wouldn't rake us over the coals on memory, at $100 an improvement. 16 gigs sounds like plenty till you realize you can literally take as many photos as you feel like until the memory is full.

Comment

Rm.237

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Somewhere
They better add a reserve at your local Apple store option. Otherwise I would have to get in line and wait till 5:00 p.m. on a weekday? That kind of stinks.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.