iPad iPad 4th Gen losing mass amount of storage daily!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NightHawkPW, Sep 2, 2014.

1. NightHawkPW macrumors newbie

NightHawkPW

I've looked all over Google and I can't find anything to help me with this. All I can find are videos and posts of people showing that THEIR "other" in storage is maybe a few mb's. On a daily basis I lose 4 to 5 GB's of storage space and I don't even download anything! Just yesterday I went from having 8.7 GB to 4.5 GB all in a matter of minutes, and all I did was check twitter through the Tweetbot app! Its getting annoying because I restore this damn iPad every day or two and this keeps happening! I don't restore from backup so all I do is set up as a new iPad and just go to the app store to download the few apps I use. Can somebody please tell me what the hell is going on! And before anyone says stop using tweetbot, its not just that. It happens when I use facebook or podcasts or even Angies List!

As I've mentioned before, I only find videos of people showing their iPhone's "other" on their storage and its only a few mb's or so, and they have way more social media apps and such more than I do. Please somebody help!

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Have you looked in settings> general> usage> manage storage? You will find the app that's causing your issue if it is an app.

It'll be a local cache of some sort

3. NightHawkPW thread starter macrumors newbie

NightHawkPW

I've gone to Usage many times and the only two apps that are taking up some space are Facebook and Podcasts and even then its only around 200 mb's. Even when I click on them to see how much data its using up its around 70 or so mb's. Even if I were to delete those two apps, how can I still be losing all that storage?

----------

And there's only Usage and no "manage Storage"

4. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Make a Genius appointment and take your iPad to an Apple Store. What you describe is nothing like anything I have ever seen, so I would think that whoever solves your problem needs to have that iPad in their hands and look at it.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

No matter what you do this "other" will vary from day to day, minute to minute. There have been m,any threads on this, mostly from 16gb iPad and iPhone users.

6. chupachup macrumors 6502

Restore from backup.