Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drivel2787

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2021
Hello,

I am working on an iPAD 7th generation for a friend of mine. It gives me a 4013 error when attempting to restore. I have attempted a Windows laptop and my mac book. I have tried SEVERAL different cables as well. The IPAD basically boots up to the apple logo and then reboots itself and continues in this boot loop. He said it needed an update but storage showed full so he didn't process the update and was removing apps when the IPAD froze at which time he powered off and back on to restart and it has been like this ever since. I have tried my Windows laptop with the latest iTunes installed and my macbook with Big Sur OS installed. All fails to restore. I have also tried 3utools alternative to do a restore and ReiBoot. I have attempted to restore in recovery mode as the iPAD right now is booting to the recovery screen telling you to plug it into a computer. Same issue. I have put the iPAD in DFU mode (as this has normally worked for me in the past) and experience the same issue. I have also attempted on the windows pc to hold down shift and click restore and select which ipsw to flash and results in the same issue. The iPAD is only roughly two years old, it has never had screen and/or battery replaced. I read someone online said they removed the screen and restored and that fixed it and also that another person said flex cable to camera goes bad causing this error and they removed that and it flashed (haven't tried these yet to see) and then also I read someone say that the issue is that since it is boot looping the battery won't hold enough charge and causes the update/restore to fail due to a "software bug" I was wondering if anyone has figured this out as most people say they end up just giving up and buying a new one or having apple fix it. Unfortunately this one is out of warranty so I'm trying to do everything I can to get it working for him.

ST13

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2021
Have you found a solution? I am having the exact problem with my daughters. Actually buying a new apple cable tomorrow to try that but I've tried about 3 cables, 2 computers PC/MacBook pro, different ports, even tried the 3rd party software in the DFU mode like you said. And nothing. I have to go back to my apple chat but we are trying on a different computer right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.