Ipad Accessories.......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by g2tegg, Jan 29, 2010.

1. g2tegg macrumors member

Just did a bit of reading and the iPad has a 30 pin plug. Now do you guys think that it's only a matter of time before these accessories are available for the iPhone? Jailbroken or not. The sd card reader, keyboard etc. This could open up a whole new world for iPhone users.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

You may get more answers if you post in the iPad forum.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yes an no. Some things are just specifically designed for the iPad and not the iPhone. However, a 3rd party can use the iPhone SDK's APIs to use the 30-pin connector to hook up their accessories (like demonstrated back in March 2008 with BPM meters, guitar analytic devices). You can easily program in an app that does all what the iPad's accessories do.

4. Cowinacape macrumors regular

It would be nice to be able to use that Keyboard dock with an iPhone!

5. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

again no this was asked to an apple person at the presentation an the answer is NO no ipad things work with the iphone.

6. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

only until we hack them :D

7. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

you seem to be the same guy saying this

do you have a link ?

8. Cowinacape macrumors regular

exactly< i would have to imagine there is already some illustrious code monkey out there looking to get a keyboard working for his/her iPhone right now and drooling over the prospects of this being the one.

9. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Why? It's an iPhone question. :confused:

It will be interesting to see how much things translate between the iPhone and the iPad. With them using the same OS and port I see no reason why the camera kit couldn't work with the iPhone other than Apple simply not supporting it.

10. milani macrumors 68000

milani

I would imagine it's only a matter of time. Though the accessories don't work with the iPhone now, it's likely that the next version of the OS will support these things. If not, I don't see why third party alternatives won't start to show up sooner or later.