iPad iPad air 2 exchange lottery

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Vagonator, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Vagonator macrumors newbie

hi guys! I would ask for advice, I changed 4 ipad air 2 due to various problems (dead pixels, dust under the screen ... ect) this is the fifth and seemed to have the perfect screen until I saw a scratch on the screen, it looks like is below the screen, almost invisible but still is there,what you say?keep it?or continue with the exhanges?sorry for my english...

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

That's strictly up to you. If you don't have high levels of OCD and can live with it then keep it. If not it's your time and money if you decide to continue to play the exchange game.

3. Mivo macrumors regular

Mivo

I'd be more willing to keep one with a speck of dust than one with a scratch. But frankly, for €550+ I expect a device that is flawless, so I probably wouldn't settle. I'd also only exchange it once and then ask my money back. I just wouldn't have the patience to deal with this more than one time. (Luckily, my first and only Air 2 turned out to be perfectly fine.)

4. harrypham macrumors member

I did about 12 times, and now I have settled with my current iPad Air 2 for almost 4 weeks. I added Applecare Plus, too.

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

6. maxap macrumors 6502

maxap

I tried it 6 times and all iPads had flaws (one of them also had a scratch on the screen). http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1831979

I would not accept an iPad with a scratch and would try to exchange it. Another option is to send it back and to wait a few months. Hopefully the quality control and production quality will improve and you will get a good product. That's what I am doing at the moment: waiting...

7. mustu macrumors 6502

I have played the exchange game as well from November to Now I have had - dust / dead pixel and marks under the screen.

I have given up as the last one has a very very small spec of dust in the screen and one very small one in the camera. No pictures are showing any kind of marks so I am going to stick with it.

I have a iphone 6 plus and that is what I mostly use for pictures.

It really sucks that apple can't get the quality control right.

I have also noticed that most people do not even notice the dust etc...

8. Vagonator thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your advice, I decided to play the lottery and continue the search for the perfect ipad, the problem is that my every change took me 15 days to arrive

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

That will slow you down some but keep it up! Maybe we can set a new record for returns!

10. laudern macrumors 6502a

Have you received a replacement ipad air 2 that was made well after the release date or even in 2015?

11. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

Wow! I got a great one right out of the gate. 12 returns is outright depressing.

12. Vagonator thread starter macrumors newbie

----------

[/COLOR]
    Guys,what you think?are these air 2 that they send me new or refurbished?

13. Vagonator, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015

Vagonator thread starter macrumors newbie

ipad air 2 refurbished

Hi guys! I have a question,are the ipad airs 2 that we exhange for have an issue are refurbished or new? sorry for my english...

14. mattoligy macrumors 6502

mattoligy

The iPad Air 3 will be out by then lol. Or the iPad Pro... Or both :rolleyes:

15. had0ukenn macrumors member

I'm kind of surprised you even had to make that many exchanges. At first, it seemed like you were OCD about things and kept changing them, but some other users are getting their iPad's exchanged as well. Whats the deal with that?

16. mustu macrumors 6502

I have had 1power book, 1 macbook pro, 1 mac bookpro retina, 2 - 5K iMacs ( yes i purchased 2 one for home and one for the office ) which are perfect out of the box but I have never had a iphone or an iPad perfect out of the box... never... call it bad luck or what ever but the qc is for sure lower due to the items being more mass produced than iMac and macs.

I wish apple had pay 10% more for a perfect device out of the box - I would for sure pay extra for that.

17. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Errrrrrrrrrrrr............

I did not think it was possible to get dust under the screen on an iPad Air 2.

The screen tech was supposed to make this impossible was it not?

No ?

18. ipaddaro macrumors member

it is possible... i have a grain of dust under my screen..
    anyway, it's not so visible, so i hold it for the moment...

19. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

i got lucky, im on my 9th iphone 6. but i stopped by bestbuy and saw the ipad air 2 for $50 off and i had $50 in rewards and a 10%. So i got myself a 64gb. out of the box perfect, no scratches or marks anywhere, slapped a circular protector over the apple, slapped on a zagg glass, and threw it in a case. very surprised.

20. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Sure it's possible, at the time the components are laminated together. Shouldn't be possibly to get more dust after that, but nothing stops poor QC at assembly time.

21. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Indeed, and I can understand final assembly where it all comes together is a place that's prone to dust etc, but I thought something like the screen lamination would all be taking place by machines in a totally dust free ultra clean environment.

That's what I thought anyway, though of course I am just guessing never having seen the place.

22. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

One might hope so.. but clearly there's been some compromise or slip in standards for quantity of production from all the evidence..

23. CodeBreaker macrumors 6502

Hmm. I'm in the same boat. But my iPad is nearly flawless except for a darkish patch that is only noticeable if you scroll a light background and a slight yellow tint/gradient.

Really undecided at this point :/

24. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

wow since I kept my air and didn't upgrade I have not really visited the iPad forums in a while. Didn't know the air 2 had so many imperfections

25. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I have the Air 2 and could not be happier with my iPad. I had the 64GB model which had a spec of dust under the screen. I was going to hold onto it until I saw Best Buy had $100 off the 128GB Air 2 making it the same price as my 64GB. The 128GB is perfect. In fact, out of all the Apple devices I have owned, I'd venture to say the iPad line up as a whole is the most reliable.