iPad iPad Air color

Discussion in 'iPad' started by patseguin, Oct 30, 2013.

?

White or black?

Poll closed Dec 8, 2013.
  1. White

43.3%
  2. Black

56.7%
  1. patseguin macrumors 68000

patseguin

What cool Air you guys getting, white or black?

2. modelbehaviour macrumors 6502

I'm going for black; I played around with a friend's black mini and liked it, plus I fancy a change from white.

3. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

Ipad 4 was white... Space grey would be a cool change, but Black blends into the furniture too well.

White again for me!!!

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Thank you for posting this poll. I was having an argument with my wife over which color to get and now I will have better data to make this decision.

5. Sleepnclass macrumors newbie

I'm getting the white iPad air to go with my gold/white 5S :)

6. ZBoater, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

This and the 72 other threads on the exact same topic. Ought to give you plenty of data.

Once you go black, you never go back. :cool:

7. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

White. All my previous iDevices have been black. Getting white to switch things up. Just got a white iPhone 5S too.

8. xianrenzhang macrumors newbie

i want to buy,I'm getting the white iPad air to go with my gold/white 5S[​IMG]

9. patseguin thread starter macrumors 68000

patseguin

Yeah I have a white/silver 5s and I have a white mini and a black full size iPad. I think fingerprints tend to show more on the bezel on the black plus it will match my phone. Still wanted to see if a majority is going one way or another and so far its even lol.

10. Sharkey311 Suspended

I was planning on going with the White/Silver 5S, but opted for the Space Gray. I would have gotten the White/Silver iPad Air but alas, I want the two to match!

11. Will2145 macrumors 6502a

Will2145

12. Kauai macrumors 6502a

White iPhone 5 and plan on staying like that.

But black is 100x better for iPad, since I primarily use it for media, especially at night when in bed with the lights off. The white is distracting, and yes, I've used a white iPad for an extended time before.

Black is best for iPad, White for iPhone imo.

13. DanTSX, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013

DanTSX macrumors regular

Yup.

Never understood why such a personal decision of which color iPad (out of a total of just two modern and industrial colors) would cause multiple threads to pop up on the topic asking people to eloquently rationalize their decision making process.

Honestly, I could live with either color. I'm going black because it looks way more cool and stands out less. Not that I use the iPad outside of my residence or a selected few public areas where practically everyone is using an iProduct.

14. leenak macrumors 68020

I have to admit I've been waffling on this. My iPad 2 is black, my iPhone is black, I was just going for black here but then thought about white but I think black is where I'm going.

15. patseguin thread starter macrumors 68000

patseguin

That's a good point on the white being distracting using it in bed with the lights out. I may go black now!

16. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

Lol how is white distracting in the dark? That's when it's least distracting.

17. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

I had waffled on color too but decided white.

18. Ries macrumors 68000

19. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

20. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

got sick of the iPad in white so going back to black like gen1.

21. richard371 macrumors 68020

At least it's a very black and white decision. I'll go black. I've had white before and I find the white boarder distracting. Also just like the iphone when the screen is off the entire screen is black. With white you have a black screen with white boarders I don't care for.

I know technically its space grey but I am referring to the screen as it will be in a case anyway.

22. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Yeah...those aren't reality. Cameras adjust the image so they get a proper exposure - they would have to be both in the same room with the camera exposure locked to get a relevant picture of what they both look like. In the white picture they obviously have some other light source, because that is not at all what a white iPad looks like in the dark.

For reference: my iPad in complete darkness - you don't even see the bezel because the screen is too bright even on the lowest setting. Your eyes adjust to the screen so that is all you see.

The moral of the story? Buy whichever iPad you think looks better. I will be going with Space Grey because I like the back color, not because my white iPad is "too bright."

23. Angler macrumors regular

I have had both colors on the ipad as well as the iphone. I like the looks of the white on both devices but every time I have purchased the white I seem to get bored of the color after 6 months or so. So black for me.

24. JGWolven macrumors regular

It's really not that hard to rationalize. Spending so much money on something that leaves you two viable options will cause most people to have a great dilemma. Some people (not everyone) have a "follow the herd" mentality. If you get to a fork in the road, they'll most likely veer onto the path most traveled.

25. F-Stop macrumors member

F-Stop

Space Grey as this will match the colour of my car :p