iPad Ipad Air Crashes ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by harleymhs, Apr 7, 2015.

1. harleymhs macrumors 6502

Hey Guys, I have an ipad air and my wife has an Rmini, It seems to crash a lot when I make anything bigger with the gesture, Pics websites etc... Happens a lot.. Checked out my wife's Mini Retina opened closed web sites zoomed in and out with my fingers NO CRASHES... ANY thoughts. Thanks Guys..

2. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

MacRumors causes crashes.

MacRumors is causing my iPad Air to crash consistently every time I close the window or click on comments within articles and especially when I click on forums tab. Could just be safari, other browsers for iOS do not crash.

3. DanGoh macrumors 6502

DanGoh

My Air (on iOS 7.1.2) did it on MacRumors too.

I reopened the app to the same page after 5 times in a row and it crashed each time. I'm thinking about selling it.

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

Safari tends to crash on certain websites when Javascript is turned ON. Macrumors will crash if JV is enabled which is why I turn it off unless a website requires it. As i've said before Safari needs a rewrite because other webbrowser's tend to be more stable.

5. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

Mine does it when I zoom into something on any website , my wife's mini retina never crashes , odd

6. bwrairen macrumors 6502

My iPad air has been completely buggy. Wish I woulda kept my iPad 3.

7. unclejamaal macrumors 6502

My Air 1 crashes a lot especially on websites such as guardian on independent.co.uk. It's a real pain because Apple used to be miles ahead of everyone in tablets and phones now their software seems to be mostly bloat ware and buggy

8. Rodster macrumors 68040

Turning off JavaScript helps with problematic websites that crash on the iPad.

9. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

How and where can you turn Java OFF??

10. Rodster macrumors 68040

Settings -> Safari -> advanced -> Javascript

11. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

thank u... Ill give this a try!

12. unclejamaal macrumors 6502

Thanks will try that

13. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

cnn.com has turned into a big giant exercise in "There was a problem ..." with my Air. Macrumors crashes a lot, but every other page on cnn, with their bloated pages causes problems.

14. Rodster macrumors 68040

It appears Javascript is the new FLASH. :mad:

My biggest problem regarding the crashes etc while using the iPad is Safari related. I can eliminate most of them by turning off JV but I don't have any of these issues in Android and especially using Chrome. That's the frustrating part. :rolleyes:

15. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

When you disable java nothing works , not a good fix

16. Rodster macrumors 68040

I only enable JV when a website requires it. Most websites offer limited functionality with it turned off. I find 90% of the websites I visit don't require JV enabled.

I enabled JV in my settings and Macrumors crashed twice with "low memory" errors in my log. Turning off JV allows me to access MR with NO problems.

17. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

mine crashes about 20 times a day and i spend about 5-6 hrs on it.

18. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

And my wife's Ipad Mini Retina doesnt crash at all..

19. unclejamaal macrumors 6502

With JavaScript off it crashes even more :(.

Steve Jobs will be turning over in his grave at the thought of this.

20. Rodster macrumors 68040

Just the opposite for me with all my iPad's and websites also load much faster. :)

21. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

and how many sites works well without javascript? very practical solution... not! air2 doesnt crash so often as Air used to crash all the time. i had it before ios8, and it was a junk already then. just get rid off that carbage and buy air2 or something else. why bother to waste your time and e.g. playin with settings, turning off/on a basic function that should work flawlessly...

22. unclejamaal macrumors 6502

would love to get rid of this 'garbage' but problem is I value my Jailbreak - or soon to be jailbreak as I am on a version which can be jailbroken!

23. Rodster macrumors 68040

It works for me so I don't mind but you're right it should work flawlessly. It's been a problem with Safari since I first bought an iPad. None of these issues occur with Android devices. This is one of several reasons why i'm considering a Surface 3.

24. RebornProphet Suspended

No website crashes on my Air, MacRumors or any other site I visit.