iPad iPad Air for $429 Online! Quick!

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2011
Yeah, the banner ad on the site says $100 of all iPads, but the site only shows $50 off everything except 16G Wi-Fi.
It's $100 of their MSRP, not Apple's MSRP. Either way, the bottom line is significant savings compared to Apple. $70 off the most popular iPad is not bad

J4B3

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2012
Gamma Quadrant
Darn it OP! I just ordered one :). Despite already having a 16GB LTE rMini. Is it worth the $108 EXTRA for a LTE rMini?

kjay80

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2011
I was gonna post it earlier about this deal.
Quill is legit, owned by staples.

Leney

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
The banner ad says, "Save up to $100 on all iPad models." Up to $100 off is not the same as $100 off.

They're offering the 128GB iPad with retina display for $699, i.e., $100 off. So I see no reason for complaint about the ad. It's pretty common practice to advertise sales using "up to" language.

Last edited:

Saturn1217

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2008
well based on this thread I made an order for a 32gb space gray. I'm hoping that the shipping estimates were correct (seemed to indicate that it would go out in the next two days).

I'm a little concerned that the order won't post to my order history for 2 days but hopefully this will be ok? Anyone with experience with this company know if you can cancel the order at anytime before it ships? If it hasn't shipped by black friday I'll probably want to try somewhere else is why.

I hope those of you who vouched for this site are right!

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2011
well based on this thread I made an order for a 32gb space gray. I'm hoping that the shipping estimates were correct (seemed to indicate that it would go out in the next two days).

I'm a little concerned that the order won't post to my order history for 2 days but hopefully this will be ok? Anyone with experience with this company know if you can cancel the order at anytime before it ships? If it hasn't shipped by black friday I'll probably want to try somewhere else is why.

You can always call them, they are an offshoot of Staples

biikman

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2008

what ship/delivery dates did they give you?

manhattanmania

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2007
has anyone gotten their final confirmation email yet or had the order show up in their history online? it says within two business hours but that was hours ago....

kjay80

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2011
has anyone gotten their final confirmation email yet or had the order show up in their history online? it says within two business hours but that was hours ago....
Dont worry, Quill and Staples orders sometimes takes up to one day to show up in purchase history.
I've experienced from them b4.
Now, why is that? I do not know.. but in the end, I got what I wanted...

Leney

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
Staples has the same deal right now too.
Staples has the 16GB for $50 off. Quill had it for $70 off.

No confirmation email but it is in my order history, showing that it's in process. I ordered around 9 AM.

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Staples has the 16GB for $50 off. Quill had it for $70 off.

No confirmation email but it is in my order history, showing that it's in process. I ordered around 9 AM.
9AM what? PST?

By the way, I placed my order at around 12:30PM EST. My order history page also says "In-process".

manhattanmania

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2007
9AM what? PST?

By the way, I placed my order at around 12:30PM EST. My order history page also says "In-process".
finally seeing one of the two iPads i ordered in my order history. strange though, it's the 2nd one i ordered (about a half hour after the first) - i wonder if that's cause for concern!

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
With a $30 difference... bigger screen and "slightly" better performance, who would buy an rMini over this???