iPad iPad Air, it DEFINITELY was worth the wait.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jmenning1, Nov 6, 2013.

1. jmenning1 macrumors newbie

As a owner of the IPad 3, I felted cheated when the IPad 4 was released. I decided to wait and buy the next generation IPad. I read all the articles and paid attention to the rumors. I followed all the expected release dates, and bit my lip when the IPhone 5s was released. I read hundreds of "Thinner-Lighter" articles. Now that I own the IPad Air, It was worth the wait. Apple definitely came through with a great product. Now for the next generation......

2. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

Yay. Woohoo. Yippee. Let me put a gold star on your forehead.

3. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

I purchased an original iPad for my wife. When the iPad 2 came out, I was disappointed because it was so much better than the original iPad.

I waited and purchased an iPad 3 for my wife, and I inherited the iPad. Then the iPad 4 came out. I, too, felt cheated a bit. She still loves her iPad 3 and uses it every day, so it's not like it doesn't work anymore.

Later today, I will be receiving my iPad Air. This is MY iPad. The wife is keeping her iPad 3. We'll see how that goes... :rolleyes:

4. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Better hide the Air, who says it is yours??? :D

5. misterneums macrumors 6502

Don't you know the rule? What's her's is her's and what is your's is her's. You better hide that!

----------

While I understand you're trying to make the point that these threads are useless; I'd rather read something positive than reading sarcastic posts like yours.

6. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

Heh! I'm prepared to fight to the death! Or at least until she threatens me with having to sleep on the couch. :D

7. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

Now why do I get the succinct impression you should get your couch pillow and blankets ready? ;)

8. nabwong macrumors regular

Sleep on the couch a few days and use that time to play some ps3/ps4. :)

9. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I'd rather see people suppress their zeal long enough to use a product for more than an hour before pronouncing it as god's gift to the world. Then report here. These "feel good" posts serve no purpose.

That said, the Air is indeed impressive in many ways but most significant to me is the A7 Chip. I can search a 1200 page PDF (via iBooks) in about 30 seconds. Compared to 4 minutes on an iPad4.

I can quickly load, scroll, zoom and read 200 page engineering PDF blueprints on the Air that literally chokes the Preview and Adobe Reader apps on my Mac.

Took me some time to get used to the cheesy "plasticky" display though. And the diminished size and weight is nice but in the end it's what you can do with that A7 that counts for me.

10. Aetherhole, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013

Aetherhole macrumors member

If these "feel good" posts serve no purpose, then the "sarcastic" posts serve no purpose, and also the "negative" posts serve no purpose, too. Since that is the case, this forum, and any other forum for that matter serve no purpose.

Be realistic... the purpose of forums is to provide people will common interests an opportunity to discuss their common interests. These discussions will often times be people new/old members talking about exciting new things and their expectations -- met expectations and underwhelmed expectations.

Here the OP is one of the many who is excited about his new product and wanted to share. You simple don't care for these "feel good" posts, so this thread serves no purpose to you. And yet, you still came into this thread and felt inclined to post on an un-purposeful thread. Even in your post, you exude the "feel good" joy as you talk about your appreciation of the new A7 chip compared to the A6x, so why not just simply support the original poster's joy instead of saying his post serves no purpose?

I, for one, enjoy these posts because it counter-balances the numerous amounts of "problem with my new iPad", "not worth it", "regret", etc. threads (which are still very valid and purposeful threads, too).

@OP, congrats on your purchase! The iPad Air is a fantastic device!!

11. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

I am glad I went bigger!

Happy I went bigger it just wows me!

12. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

Finally received my iPad Air a few days ago, and I agree that the thinner glass does feel "plasticky" to me. It feels like there is an air gap between the glass and the LCD. It's fine and the display is fine... I have no complaints!

13. dhokes macrumors regular

Really? What spec is your Mac?

I'm waiting for the rMini before deciding on whether to go for the rMini or Air and my main use would be for reading pdfs so your post was of interest to me.

14. Macalway macrumors 68020

Yes a bit. Also the off angle viewing brightness suffers a little. Maybe fusing the glass to the LCD would fix this

Not a big deal at all. It may be because of repairability.

Anyway, it is what it is. :)

15. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

I compared the screen to my ipad 2. I like the coloring better on my ipad 2. Skin tones on the air has a more yellowish tint and the skin tones on the Ipad 2 are more natural.

If I exchange my air is their a chance I would get one that the has more natural colors?

16. Macalway, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

Macalway macrumors 68020

May I suggest you go to an Apple store with yours and compare a few

17. Liberachi86 macrumors member

18. iono11200 macrumors member

Probably the most amazing Apple device that I've ever owned. Its awesome. They will sell tons of them.

19. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

I am going to snag 1 today. I had an iPad 1 and went with the 2. Ended up with a mini for a while. I have never owned a retina iPad.

20. midwestfisherma macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

DB post of the day.

21. Tzuten macrumors 6502

I know what you mean about feeling cheated on 3. It's the red headed stepchild of iPads. It was quickly phased out. Even with the retina the iPad 2 was a superior choice in games due iPad 3 being underpowered driving a retina so games were scaled down graphically to keep frames up.

22. Robster3 macrumors 68000

I have had all iPads, not a power user and just go with 16gb. The things that make the Air better for me are, thinner/lighter, doesn't get hot hasn't even got warm. And got one with no light leakage, pink/yellow screen:)

23. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I use an early 2011 MBP. Strange how it chokes on certain large PDFs and the ipad handles them smooth as butter.

Maybe loading them from iBooks in the iPad has something to do with it but it shouldn't.

24. akm3 macrumors 68020

Your post is extremely rude. I understand your sentiment, but that type of comment just degrades the whole forum experience and community.