All iPads iPad Air or iPad mini with retina

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dljor, Dec 5, 2013.

1. dljor macrumors regular

I haven't seen it posted today.

So, iPad Air or iPad mini with retina?

I might be able to visit an Apple Store before my 14 days expires.

My Air is much better for reading pdfs than mom's iPad mini 1st gen. But I am wondering if rMini will be better than Air.

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

It's a personally choice. I have the iPad air. rmini is to small for me. That my preference. Bigger is better when it comes to screens IMO.

3. JGWolven macrumors regular

Buy it, try it, don't like it? Return it. Win win!

4. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

Buy both and return one. That's what I'm doing.

5. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

i would suggest buying both and testing them out side by side to see which one you like. do everyday tasks that you would do on both and see which one you prefer. I loved the mini when I had it for a year, but having a big screen on the Air is nice. There are tradeoffs, but it really is up to testing to see which one you like better.

6. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

The above posters have it right. For any one I recommend, someone will find a reason to disagree. If it were ME, I'd probably say the Air. I love the bigger screen. It's irreplaceable to me. The portability compromise is worth it to me. And it's not even THAT much less portable. It's all subjective.

7. dljor thread starter macrumors regular

will visit a store next week.

hopefully they will let me return this Air. so I can buy both and test them.

8. Misskitty macrumors 6502

9. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

I owned both. They are both great, but I kept the Retina Mini. Much more portable and I generally preferred most takes on the Mini.

10. dljor thread starter macrumors regular

even for use in house?

i don't go out much. mainly use it on the couch, in bed or in my office.

the air is not bad for these, but i just can't stop wondering what if i got the rMini instead...

plus, for the same money, i get double the storage.

11. Misskitty macrumors 6502

^umm yes, the rmini is just better all around than the air simple for its size. Gou really need to own one to see what i mean,

12. dljor thread starter macrumors regular

we have an original mini around.

i didn't like it much because of the screen.

now i am seriously considering exchange my Air for a rMini.

13. rojct20 macrumors member

Air or rMini

I purchased both. Will keep both.

14. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I use the retina mini myself, and love it. I take it everywhere with me. But if I wanted an Ipad for use just at home, I'd choose the Air. Some people say the mini is nicer for reading in bed because of it's weight, but overall I'd choose the bigger screen, even over extra memory.

On the other hand, if you got a mini you might end up taking it out more than you expect. . .

15. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

The only issue I see with buying both to try out is you may very well decide to keep both. They are both amazing devices.

16. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

Much better in the house. I never take my ipad outside the house but the mini just feels more comfortable especially with the Smart Cover on it.

17. dljor thread starter macrumors regular

18. mtenuta macrumors member

I just had the same dilemma . Went with the 64g so far I'm happy. With the amount of traveling and clients I need to go see the rmini is perfect .

19. dljor thread starter macrumors regular

Never miss the larger screen? I will mainly use ire around the house though.

Really hard choice.

People are saying one would be happy with either. I feel that I won't be happy with either, since I would be wondering what if I got the other one.

I am using the air now . It is fine for what I use it for, but I keep wondering if the rmini would be a better choice.

20. mtenuta macrumors member

Honestly if you don't need the extra 64gigs stay with the air. If I didn't need portability I would definitely get the air.

21. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

it's posted almost everyday

22. dljor thread starter macrumors regular

32 should be enough for me.

Arrrrrr.... Just keep wondering if the mini would be better. We have an original mini around. It is much smaller... The screen is awful on it. I didn't care for it much. Not sure if it is the size or screen. But the rmini should be better?

----------

What the answer?

:D

23. Misskitty macrumors 6502

Mini all the time, its just much more practical to use especially on public. Carrying the air around is a major nousense where the mini i could use for hours and not even notice the weight. Ive had both the air and mini now for 11 days and im going to be bringing one back....ask away.

Ive been carrying the air around with me and its a major PITA compared to the mini. Jist holding the air is nowhere near as comfortable. Its smaller than 4th gen, but its still a 2 hand device. Mini just has so much more versatility....its equally as comfortable typing on it in portrait as it is landscape.

----------

Especially if you see clients with your ipad! You dont wanna get laughed at carrying a full sized ipad. Might as well carry a large pizza box.

24. dljor thread starter macrumors regular

What if it stays home 90% of the time?

25. jaydee24601 macrumors regular

I bought the Air and now I’m now trying to justify also purchasing the Mini Retina (so to own them both)!