iPad iPad Air owners. iPad Air 2 one to skip?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Feb 16, 2014.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

If Ipad Air 2 is just finger print + A8 and a few more tweaks like Ipad 4 over 3 will you stick with Ipad Air? Oh I reckon they will do a gold Ipad Air and that will be the final change for this year.

I skipped the Ipad 4 as Ipad 3 was almost the same.

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Dont understand these comparisons before the product is released :confused:

3. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I purchased the Air with the intent of using it for a while. I bought the iPad 2 when it came out and passed on the third and fourth gen devices with no concerns. Same plan here. I don't have to have the latest and greatest all the time, just once in a while ;)

4. Rhyalus macrumors 6502

Rhyalus

I don't have any problems with my iPad Air. No crashes, etc.

If the new iPad does something "new" and/or something that I need, then I would consider upgrading.

Other than that, I don't see a reason to spend another $800 bucks are so!

R

5. xxstatic macrumors member

Keeping the Air until Apple no longer supports it, could care less about the fingerprint lock and the rest.

6. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

I don't really like the feature with my 5S, hardly use it so it's defo not worth the upgrade.

7. citivolus macrumors 6502a

I bought my iPad Air with the intent of selling it when the next one comes out. I bought it on craigslist for about $150 off of retail so I'm probably going to break even, as I have done this with every other iPad model except for the 4.

8. Booji macrumors 6502a

Booji

From what we hear, the changes seem marginal. A7 is already overpowered. Anyway, its always best to skip a generation for upgrades.

9. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

I gotta see what the new versions offers before making my determination.

10. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

How about you wait until it is actually announced before proclaiming it won't be worth buying. Or asking folks if they think it won't be worth it

----------

You don't use it but many folks do and love it.

11. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Personally waiting for a storage bump. I only got the Air (16GB) because I needed it for global LTE. If not for that, I likely would have skipped the Air and waited for the next iteration.

12. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

I'd stick with the Air unless I can find a decently priced used one after the next gen is released.

13. AE14 macrumors 6502a

I will be sticking with the air. I purchased the 32gb and with office likely coming (heard it a thousand times before) I see no reason to purchase another.

14. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I'll keep the air til my ac+ is about to expire. Get a replacement, then sell new in box sealed

15. gatearray macrumors 65816

Classy. :rolleyes:

16. kristalsoldier macrumors regular

kristalsoldier

I'll be sticking to the Air for at least a year - year and a half - especially now because I have the Apple Care thing which I did not have before. Aside from that, the form factor of the Air suits me and I don't need either (1) a more powerful processor or (2) a fingerprint reader. Rather, I should say, given my current and projected use of the iPad, I don't expect that a more powerful processor or a fingerprint reader would be of any great significance.

17. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

New 128 gb cellular should be of value

18. Q-Dog macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

I just replaced my 1st gen ipad with the Air. I fully expect to use the Air for the next 3-4 years ... or until it dies.

19. Kendo macrumors 68000

If iPad Air 2 is a just an A8 and fingerprint reader, I will sell my current 16GB Air 1 and get the 128GB Air 1. When the Air was released, a 128GB iPad 4 was selling for $500 brand new (not on eBay but legit genuine online retailers like Rakuten).

If iPad Air 2 adds more RAM for a total of 2GB, that will make my decision a bit more difficult and I might just get the Air 2.

20. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I had the 3 and skipped the 4 to get the air. The iPad air is fantastic. I imagine I'll skip this next one and get the 2015 model. However, I'll wait and see what comes out and decide then.

I have the iPhone 5. I skipped the 5s and plan to get the iPhone 6.

With the MacBook Pro I usually skip three or four years before upgrading.

21. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Lets wait until the next ipad is announced before we start making purchase decisions.

22. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

It is futile to try and stay ahead of technology. If you want or need a product, get it. No need to post a thread asking total strangers about something so straight-forward.

23. randymac88 macrumors regular

I have a 3 and skipped the air because of its crippling Memory problems. There is simply not enough RAM. Just like in my 3 - which is now laggy and slow after years of use.

I will wait for the Air 2, when they will (hopefully) increase the RAM, making it a serviceable device for basic everyday use.

24. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

If the next comes with 2 gigs of ram, I am selling my air - without question.

25. aneftp macrumors 68040

I have owned every iPad generations 1-5.

Currently own iPad 3 64gb lte and (2) iPad air wifi. I sold iPad 4 since got awesome resell on GameStop promo with amazon gift cards

Anyways I am getting iPad 6 regardless. And it will be the lte version to replace my iPad 3 lte which is getting long in the tooth by November 2014. I use verizon unlimited lte sim in iPad and tether the other 2 iPad air wifi off it.

So iPad 6 will be a purchase regardless of what it has or doesn't have.