iPad expectation twists

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iDrew87, Feb 22, 2012.

1. iDrew87 macrumors member

It sprung to my mind this morning about all the latest rumoured leaks we all have been enjoying lately and speaking of our highest expectation for the latest spec on the up and coming iPad such as

Retina
    8MP camera
    A6 quad core chip

Lately the A5X has been leaked and everyone has settled and accepted the possibility of the A5X chip now.

It has occurred to me imagine this was all set up and "leaked" deliberately by Apple to stir some minor pre disappointments but on the day of unveiling who ever is presenting will go "and now for the chip we have an..."

"A6 quad core!" Everyone with A5X in mind will roar and GASPS into an extreme fit of excitements! at the conference and all reading the live feed behind their MAC

Then more unexpected news to be followed ie Retina, more RAM and GB etc

It would be nice eh

2. maclook macrumors 65816

I already sold my iPad 2 so I have to upgrade regardless. The thing that I want most is for them to bump the base storage to 32gb (which may also mean 128gb option for those who want it). I would be surprised if they redesigned the Smart Cover. I don't really see how they can improve it but that's where the surprise comes in!

I think we're bound to be disappointed instead because every possible spec has been hyped to death that there's no way the iPad3 can live up to all the expectations.

Tim Cook's first two keynotes have been borefests imo. 4S and textbooks. Whoopy. I know it's more of a team effort nowadays, but Tim better bring some excitement for the iPad 3.

3. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I am inclined to agree. God knows how many times I have rewatched Steve's various keynotes, and I must say, there is something hypnotic about his rasputin-like charisma. This guy sure knew how to market a product! :eek:

4. motoleo, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

5. matttye macrumors 601

You're living in a dream world mate. Apple won't be releasing a quad core this time...they were late to the dual core race and have only just added support for hspa+ - still no LTE.

6. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

This is one of the factors that contribute in the success of Apple.

Plenty of fanatics ready just to second the hype and to buy whatever a compant produces, no matter the details and no matter anything else.

This certainly is positive for Apple, but sad for people who understand that.

7. newyorksole macrumors 68030

people are ready to buy it no matter the details because they know it's going to be a quality product. I had an iPhone 4 when the 4S came out, but I upgraded anyway because the phone is so useful, why not make my experience THAT much better having more speed, better camera, SIRI etc.

although there probably are people out there who buy the latest device just to say they have it and don't really use it's features or know why it's superior to other products.

8. IKBest macrumors member

I think your all referring to being an iSheep

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I thought Phil Schiller did the textbook keynote?

And as for 4s, let's give the guy a break, he knew Steve was dying even as he spoke. I do look forward to seeing how he does with the iPad keynote, he's no Steve, but he's growing on me!

10. urkel macrumors 68030

Hows this for a twist:

iPad 2S:
    - Same Screen
    - Same Camera
    - 3G Option
    - A5X Chip
    $299 Starting Price

iPad 3:
    -Retina
    -8MP camera
    -LTE Option
    -NFC
    -A6 quad core chip
    $499 Starting Price

This enables two tiers. One for people that want a Pro level iPad, another for those who complain about people that want a Pro level iPad.

11. maclook macrumors 65816

I mean, it's not really a one man show anymore and that started even before Steve left. I just feel that, despite Apple's growing market share and stock value and everything, there hasn't been much excitement coming out of Apple. I'm not even thrilled by Mountain Lion. Tim Cook is the leader so I can only blame him. This year should be exciting (MBP/MBA refresh, iPhone 5, iPad 3, ATV update) so I'm hoping the iPad 3 starts it out on the right foot.

----------

Disagree. The iPhone 4S is the next generation phone after the iPhone 4. Same with the 3GS from 3. Releasing a 2S and a 3 is like releasing two new products at once and at the same time it's insulting the iPhone's upgrades. Apple sells the iPhone 4 as it is, not with an upgraded A5 processor. I expect them to continue to sell the iPad 2 but not a 2S.

12. monaarts, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

monaarts macrumors 65816

I'm thinking something similar to this but a little different:

iPad 2:
    - Same Everything
    - Only available in 16GB
    $399 Starting Price

iPad 3:
    -Retina
    -8MP camera
    -LTE Option
    -A5X quad core chip
    - 32GB Starting Point
    $499 Starting Price

13. iDvisic macrumors member

Why would they call it the iPad 2S if everything's the same? Does the "S" stand for "Slightly cheaper"? :p

14. ejisfun macrumors regular

I think he deleted the wrong S; you can see in the post that he quoted, he removed the S from there when it should have been removed from his own post.

15. iDvisic macrumors member

Ahhhhh! Okay. That makes sense. Good catch.

-->iDv

16. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I myself have considered that also, and it's certainly possible. I don't think Apple will release two new models of iPads, I think the A5X could be a prototype chip at 32nm, who knows though.

I'd rather a 2GHz dual-core than a 1GHz quad-core though, the former will be far more useful. (I doubt we'll see something that high, but a dual-core Cortex A15 at about 1.4GHz would be pretty nice.)

17. monaarts macrumors 65816

You are correct my friend... Sorry HAHA

18. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Led

I just want a god damn LED notification light.

19. lepeos macrumors member

What if it was called iPad Twist, and you could iTwist half the screen round so that two people could use it at once? That's how it would be retina, because they would just stick two iPhone 4 screens together with a hinge. Apple could release an iPad version of Battleship as its 'Killer app'

20. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

My take.....(Lets see who is closest-13 days to go)

iPad 3:

1-Retina

2-5 MP camera (Heard of this possibility just yesterday)

3-LTE Option

4-A5X quad core chip

5-16 GB Starting Point again

6-Siri

21. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I think you've got to choose one: Either keep the iPad 2 exactly as-is and lower the price to $399 or mayyyyybe $299 (I think it's a stretch), OR upgrade it slightly and have the better "Pro/3" start at a higher price tier than the current $499. There is absolutely no way they're going to upgrade the iPad 2 and drop the price, at least not to $299. Maybe to $449. I don't think they'd even drop it to $399 if it gets any upgrades.

22. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

If i were apple id totally would make this happen. But has someone ever known for 99% sure apple leaked something into the world just to put something more powerful in the end product? On purpose just to exite the crowd?
    No? Then youre indeed leaving in a dream world. I dont think the gpu and cpu will receive a big upgrade.

23. iDrew87 thread starter macrumors member

I know its not likely to happen but like it would be nice

Apple being one of the worlds leading brand needs to put their foot down because if they continue to do minor upgrades people are gonna seek alternatives.

At the minute it is "Cool" to own Apple products but if this minor upgrade method keeps continuing people are gonna realise they cannot justify the price they are paying every year and will seek elsewhere.

Apple needs to be careful. I know they can snort and say we will still sell MILLIONS anyway

Every empire has fallen...

24. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

This is true, but you know yourself that the resolution of 2048x1536!!!!! At 10inch!!!!! is NOT just a small upgrade^^

25. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

All I care about is the processor, the RAM and whatever else memory wise may make the darn thing run like clock-work even as tougher and tougher tasks are thrown at it with developers updating their software. Besides, with MS Office for iPad coming soon, I may be able to finally do some real work on the iPad. Sadly, in my line of work that means Excel