ipad going to Gazelle- anyone with launch-day experience on the site?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by drnen, Mar 2, 2011.

1. drnen macrumors regular

i must have hit a sweet spot this morning before gazelle could update their prices and they quoted me at something just short of 400$ for the 16gig ipad. My box is apparently already in the mail headed to me.
    Out of curiosity i checked the site again now and the quote is substantially lower (expected, all things considered)
    Has anyone had any product launch day experience with these guys? It says they are supposed to respect the quote they gave me for 30 days but im wondering if when i send it in they're just going to change my quote to the much lower price on the site now. Anyone?

2. vpr611 macrumors newbie

vpr611

I was wondering the same thing, the confirmation email said that the price is good until 04/01/2011 so hopefully they honor their email.

3. vpr611 macrumors newbie

vpr611

Good find, just incase anyone else is thinking about using Gazelle add a promocode, there are several out there but I happened to use iPadToday.

4. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Doh.

I saw the ad on here during the keynote and clicked on it to see what they would offer and I got the $375 but I closed it out (Before I saw the new refurb price at $349...) Would have been super easy too, no hassling with craigslist buyers.

Oh well, i'll probably end up selling my current iPad to a family member for less.

5. drnen thread starter macrumors regular

Just wanted to update on my exp with these guys-
    I received my box on monday, shipped it out tues, they received it on friday.
    I just got updated that they have accepted my ipad at full price-
    I registered it as being in perfect condition- I had kept it in a case the whole year but there was still 2 small knicks in the aluminum. They still accepted it as 'perfect' :)
    Along with my TWIT coupon code, i am getting a check for 393$ from them. Not bad at all considering apple is selling them for 400 new

I am quite happy with my experience thus far, assuming my check comes in a timely fashion. Hope you guys all made it in before they dropped their prices!

6. metrojets macrumors newbie

Gazelle love them

Yes I was worried because I locked into that great price too! I just received my email that they are sending me a check for $393 for my ipad 16gb. Wow so happy with that. I will do business with them again since they keep thier side of the bargin. It did take them awhile to get to looking at my ipad since they said so many locked into that price on the day the new ipad was announced.

Gazelle Rocks! Ipad 2 here I come.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Which means that Gazelle will probably sell it as "perfect", and the end buyer will receive an iPad with 2 nicks in it. Nice. Karma is a boomerang you know...

Since you noticed the nicks, I'll bet you're the type to return an iPad to Apple for the very same reason.

I collect wristwatches. If you sold me a watch described as perfect, and it arrived with even 1 nick on it, I'd be sending it back to you.

8. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Gazelle rules

I was able to lock in a price of $556 for my iPad 1 64gig 3G on march 4. I was skeptical about them honoring the offer since the price was dropping like a lead zeppelin, but to my amazement, they actually gave me an extra 5%. My iPad was completely flawless, so if they had tried to say it wasn't, I would have had a problem. They really surprised me. They paid me more than what they sell it for on their own eBay store.