iPad is too Big, but iPod is too small...what to do?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Miles513, May 21, 2011.

1. Miles513 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I'm looking to buy a device to play my Portfolio Animations on (presentations for Clients), however the iPad is too big, and the iPod is too small.

I'm lost on what device I should get . what do you guys think?

Thanks

2. Surely Guest

Surely

What is this, Goldilocks and the Three Bears?

How is the iPad too big for client presentations?:confused:

3. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

My thoughts too. Personally I don't understand why some people like the 7 inch tablet size. We have an iPad and a number of iPod touches and iPhones, and the only real advantage to the smaller screen is that you can fit the device in your pocket. A 7 inch tablet is a small screen to be looking at, but too big to fit in your pocket — no man's land if you ask me. But… to each their own.

4. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Looks like you're going to have to buy something other than an iPad or iPod then.

5. Miles513 thread starter macrumors newbie

^I was thinking of getting one of those cheap players like
    http://www.amazon.com/Coby-7-Inch-Player-Memory-Output/dp/B0047Q4F40

But the problem is it looks so generic, and I think my Clients would think less of me. Is there a way I can replace the chassis so it looks like an iPad?
    Id prefer something I can fit in a small knap sack.

6. Surely Guest

Surely

Is this thread a joke?

Maybe stop using a "knap sack" when you meet with clients.

7. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

If the iPad is too big, then you might consider looking into a BlackBerry Playbook or some of the newer Android Tablets (Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer, etc). The iPad is a better device (imo) though.

9. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Honestly, the iPad is NOT too big if you plan on doing presentations. You plan on straining the eyes of the audience?? And what do you mean change the chassis to make it look like an ipad?? People are going to obviously know its NOT an iPad dude and DEFINITELY think less of you if you did so. Dont get me wrong, Apple products can be expensive but theres no way that device is going to do the things an iPad could do. PLUS, you said the iPad is too big.. its seven inches.. the link you provided is also seven inches.. I don't understand the difference in size between the two tablets. :confused:

The only thing I could recommend is the iPod Touch considering its a full touch screen. But its NOT going to fit in a "knap snap", it could go in your pocket. Or even other tablet companies like Motorola or Blackberry.

10. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

Nope. The iPad is about 10 inches.

11. kalsta macrumors 68000

kalsta

LOL. On another thread someone was complaining the iPad was too big to take outside without a bag. I suggested this solution… :)

[​IMG]

12. patp Guest

i'd go old school and cut up a dry erase board to size.

13. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

ahh my bad :eek: thanks for cleaning that up for me

14. alamein macrumors member

uhmm Android tablets? Xoom or the Galaxy Tab. But if impressing your client is such a big deal, then getting the Ipad2 is a very wise investment. And no, for what you're using it for, it's really not too big.

15. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Honestly you'd be dumb not to go with the iPad.

First, people LOVE iPads. Sure its there to show off your work, but people love to hold it, love to play with it, and it'll give them an extra sense of "wow" when they hold it to look at your portfolio.

Trust me, I use an iPad to show them mine! :)

Not to mention you can make a custom app easily to display your work in the way you want it to be displayed.

16. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Why is the iPad too big? Personally I don't like the lack of flash on the device and the bland UI but if you can get around that, it has pretty good specs... and great applications.

I would rather go for the Blackberry Playbook or an Android tablet, however I don't see how the iPad/Samsung Tablet 8.9 (try this one?)/10.1 are too big...

Are you trying to fit something into a smaller bag? IMO you should structure your equipment around the most important pieces. A tablet/computer too big? Get a bigger bag, not the other way around.

But yes, if you have to appeal to other people while doing work going with an iPad or some other widely known tablet will do a better job. Functionality is only part of the equation; Apple's mobile products drive the nail home in terms of aesthetics/UI over functionality. (For mobile products IMO).