Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cang87

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
I went to every store in Nyc and had no luck finding a whote mini. They had black ones stocked up. It was pretty clear that the black minis were just sitting there collecting dust and the white ones were flying off the shelf as fast as they put them there. The opposite has been true of the iPhone 5.

Is there any specific reasons for white's being more preferable for the iPad mini?

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I picked up an AT&T 16g without a hitch at apple,Roseville mall..

No mini wifi,everywhere sold out....except 64g but just for the kids,just have to wait

I'm thinking they may have made less of them for the initial launch?
The white one is prettier and so everyone wants it. The black one is pretty too but its just not as pretty. People like the two tone silver and white design more on the iPad. I prefer to have my iPad match my iPhone. I really dont care for the color black. This time around the general consensus is that white is right.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Is there any specific reasons for white's being more preferable for the iPad mini?

I honestly don't think they are. During the WiFi orders they sold out way too quick. I'd be willing to be it's more of a supply issue than color preference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.