ipad mini 32 wifi or ipad 16 wifi+lte is best

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Pasitlove, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Pasitlove macrumors newbie

I want to buy ipad mini. I can't chose between 32 wifi and 16 wifi + Lte.

What is worth for my money.

Sorry for my english. :)

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Worth is relative to your need. Do you need to connect to the Internet everywhere you go? The LTE is "worth" it.

Me, personally, think the iPad is almost worthless without Internet connectivity. And I can't rely on wifi being available everywhere I go. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Being able to connect everywhere anytime is worth it to me.

3. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

Go with Wifi only. If your life is so shallow and sad that you can't leave the house without feeling "connected" 24/7, get the LTE version. Or, you know, simply enjoy being away from the house and disconnected from the world for a few minutes. I have friends and some family that can't be disconnected for a minute. Hanging around people like that is just depressing.

4. Pasitlove thread starter macrumors newbie

Ohh i think i will get 32 wifi.
    I have learn in university 8.00 am to 18.00 everyday.
    And in my university have free wifi conected.
    I think 32 wifi is worth for me.:)

I will wait ipad mini come to Thailand.So long.:(

Thank you :)

5. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

I bet you'll enjoy that extra 16 gig of space(more apps, more movies/tv, more books, more music) than you will being able to check email while you're pooping in a gas station bathroom.

6. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Go for at least the 32GB. I have a 16GB iPad 3 and am continually running out of space. I am planning on getting an iPad mini and will probably go for the 64GB.

7. glen e macrumors 68030

this is short sighted and shows you have no idea how some use their pads. To me LTE is vital for receiving and sending emails with attachments that make me successful in my profession. Back to your dorm room you go! Google "docusign" for why LTE is a must for some.

Z boater gets it....

8. steve dave macrumors 6502a

I always go WiFi with more storage. In the few occasions I have absolutely needed the internet without WiFi I just use my phone as a hotspot. The extra space is always way more useful for me.

9. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

Yeah, you two can go have dinner together and not speak because you're both staring at a screen. Join the rest of us in the real world. You can live without that email for an hour or two. Try interacting with reality. I think you'll like it.

10. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I am absolutely going to upgrade to the LTE version of mini assuming it becomes my favorite iPad. I feel like mini is my favorite iPad already.

11. glen e macrumors 68030

Try sitting at LAX, ORD or LGA for a 3 hour layover and Boingo is telling you it'll cost you 9.95 to connect for one hour....grow up......

12. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

That's your excuse? An occasional airport stay? Read a book. Buy a magazine. Talk to your fellow travelers. Instead of paying the 10 dollars for wifi access, you're saying it's smarter to pay 140 extra for the LTE model plus 20-50 dollars a month for access. Hmmmm, seems to me it's wiser and cheaper to pay the 10 dollars for Wifi on those occasions.

13. steve dave macrumors 6502a

LAX has free wifi

14. glen e macrumors 68030

once again, you've never used it for a while have you? I was just there last Thursday for 5 hour layover.......more than often it freezes and become unusable as the bandwidth is overcrowded...

----------

your ignorance is showing..."occasional"?

I do 4 airports a week....and I pay 15 a month for LTE....

THE POINT IS... some people have different needs than yours and for anyone to "decree" what is smart and what is not....is stupid and immature...

15. steve dave macrumors 6502a

No not "once again". You said LAX has a boingo page charging $9.99. You never said that they had free wifi that was just too slow for you. I am just pointing out that you are a liar.

16. AttilaTheHun macrumors 6502a

AttilaTheHun

Skype WIFI charging by time not by the amount of data.
    time I can monitor, data they can say what ever they want you cant monitor

17. Pasitlove thread starter macrumors newbie

In thailand now have 3g no LTE .
    Unlimited 3g in thailand 999 bath~ 30 $us for a month.

18. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

What does being connected have to do with being shallow? Geez what a idiotic comment.

So I'm at the Sears store about to buy a new fridge and would like to log on to Consumer Reports. No free wifi at Sears.

I'm in the car and would like to log on to Yelp to find the closest Chinese restaurant with 5 star reviews. No wifi in my car.

I could go on and on. I could be like you and be a technology dinosaur who eschews technology, but I'd rather not. Geez Louise...

----------

If the choice is to interact with you or stare at my screen, I'll take the screen. Thank you.

19. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

What's sadder is when these people defend the fact that they can't live without being connected 24/7.

20. steve dave macrumors 6502a

To be fair, these don't really sound like situations most normal people would even have an iPad with them. These are clearly things that a person would do on their phone. Pick better scenarios for your argument, please.

21. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Why would I struggle reading product reviews on a phone screen when I can do it on an iPad? :confused:

I carry my iPad with me a lot, always when I know I'm going shopping for something, but not as often as I would like. I'm hoping the mini wills be with me more often.

Yes, I can do a lot of this on a 4" little screen, but why would I when I have a CHOICE?

22. RTbar macrumors regular

Exactly what I was thinking

23. RTbar macrumors regular

I guess if money is no object, otherwise why not save hundreds by using your phone

24. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Because I can afford a LTE tablet, money is no object? :confused:

Ok.

25. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

Yep, which is why seeing someone justify doing it is more hilarious. I can afford LTE on an iPad wherever I go too...I just choose not to. I don't want to be "that guy". The guy in the restaurant who whips out an iPad and starts typing away at the table. Ugh. So lame.