Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
ya.... I asked at the el paseo store on Friday and they didn't know either.... I assume Wednesday for the stores....

I wouldn't rely on the stores having them in too early. Last year, I ordered my Air 2 online and popped through to a store the day after receiving it as they said they had received the Air 2 smart cases. The guy had to go through to the back to find the new cases but he asked me to check it was the Air 2 I had as the stores hadn't received any stock then. When I whipped it out the store staff were all hanging around to check it out! They had the cases but not the iPads!

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I wouldn't rely on the stores having them in too early. Last year, I ordered my Air 2 online and popped through to a store the day after receiving it as they said they had received the Air 2 smart cases. The guy had to go through to the back to find the new cases but he asked me to check it was the Air 2 I had as the stores hadn't received any stock then. When I whipped it out the store staff were all hanging around to check it out! They had the cases but not the iPads!

I have both of ours preordered.... I asked Friday on the off chance they had any at that time I woulda picked them up and just cancelled my preorder....

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I have both of ours preordered.... I asked Friday on the off chance they had any at that time I woulda picked them up and just cancelled my preorder....
Everyone of the first deliveries should happen on the same day...I've heard 15th as the earliest from some people, but can only confirm the 16th. Sometimes the shipments arrive a day earlier, and that's by accident.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Trends would be shipping midnight tonight from China, it would hit stores tomorrow night after closing and everyone else on the 16th. The inventory should be accomplished the tomorrow night and pickup in stores will be available shortly thereafter.

Reactions: applejunkie2014

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
iPad mini 4 was a shrunk version the iPad Air 2 right?

have I missed something about iPad Mini 3?

The Mini 3 offered absolutely no internal improvements over the Mini 2, which was equivalent to an Air 1. They literally just took the Mini 2, gave it TouchID, called it a new model and sold it at the price of one. I honestly don't know why anyone would have bought one over a Mini 2, which dropped in price by $100 when the 3 launched.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Just wait until the Mini 5, it will be the followup to the macbook wheel, have a theoretical 16kb of RAM because 16 is bigger than 1 or 2, and it will weigh less due to the lack of screen, case, or internal components. I'm guessing the starting price will be $899.

This always pops in my head when the mini 3 is spoken of.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Ok so I just received my iPad mini 4 Smart Cover about an hour ago (it was shipped to my house... not sure if stores have them yet.) iPad mini 4 is still in processing stage with ETA still showing 16-18

my smart cover is out for delivery.... mini still showing processing with ETA 15-17

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
space gray mini (I wanted the black front) and pink cover. i'm hoping the pink is really pink like it shows online and not the salmon that the watchband is!

I ordered a white cover when I placed the order for hubby's ipad in case the pink isn't right! it shipped yesterday but the tracking number isn't working on fedex yet!

applejunkie2014

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
space gray mini (I wanted the black front) and pink cover. i'm hoping the pink is really pink like it shows online and not the salmon that the watchband is!

I ordered a white cover when I placed the order for hubby's ipad in case the pink isn't right! it shipped yesterday but the tracking number isn't working on fedex yet!

Ooh thats a really pretty combination. I hope it gets to you soon. Also, I'm pretty sure its as pink as it looks in the pictures... I just compared my navy color to whats shown online, and its totally accurate.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Ooh thats a really pretty combination. I hope it gets to you soon. Also, I'm pretty sure its as pink as it looks in the pictures... I just compared my navy color to whats shown online, and its totally accurate.

I hope it is! I like the ballerina pink and gray combo!

iJohnnyG

macrumors regular
May 7, 2011
Newcastle
Mine is the same - 16th/18th delivery. Ordered minutes after Apple Store went live, 128gb wifi space grey in the UK here.

insoc

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Does anyone of you here have experience from pre-ordering iPad at stores like Best Buy or B&H Photo? Is it the same as if you pre-ordered from Apple.com or do they have a delay giving Apple.com customers the advantage?

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Does anyone of you here have experience from pre-ordering iPad at stores like Best Buy or B&H Photo? Is it the same as if you pre-ordered from Apple.com or do they have a delay giving Apple.com customers the advantage?
They're usually delayed, especially if they're shipping it to you.

royinla14

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Just called the local store again and they told me they will not have the mini 4 in store until Friday...guess pre-order was better but hopefully we will be surprised with some in store Wednesday...

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Just called the local store again and they told me they will not have the mini 4 in store until Friday...guess pre-order was better but hopefully we will be surprised with some in store Wednesday...
They won't know until it arrives on their doorstep. If they're right, pre-orders won't arrive until Friday as well.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Got notification from Fedex but was for iPhone dock and not the mini. Guessing these ship tomorrow and get to us Wed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.