Ipad mini 4?

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
I'm thinking of buying one but is it really worth it when you have an Air 2 and an iPhone 6 plus?

Applenoob34

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2014
I have a 6+, Air 1 and Mini 4. Each device has its benefits. The larger iPad is better for viewing movies and videos. The mini4 is better for games and Internet browsing. The 6+ is good at everything when your out of the house. The large iPads get annoying to hold for long periods of time while browsing and typing when surfing the web. The sound is way better on my air1 for movies and such.

It's worth it imo. All the devices can do the same things. Each one just does certain things a little better.

ARizz44

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
In my situation, I'm at school, work, and with friends often from 9am until 3am the following morning. I don't have access to chargers and find the iPad won't last all day. I shouldn't have to carry battery pack, so I find the iPad mini 4 often dies on me.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
In my situation, I'm at school, work, and with friends often from 9am until 3am the following morning. I don't have access to chargers and find the iPad won't last all day. I shouldn't have to carry battery pack, so I find the iPad mini 4 often dies on me.

Lol my iPad Air 2 lasts the whole day

dejo

Staff member
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Mod Note: This thread was closed to clean up all the off-topic bickering. Now that it has reopened, please remain civil and on-topic. Thank you.

Last edited:

joeblow7777

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2010
But the iPad mini 4 has a much smaller battery. Definitely won't last from 9am to 3am.
Have you used one? Mine typically gets about 12 hours of screen on time.

Remember, it has a smaller battery than the Air 2, but also a smaller display with less pixels to power, and just 2 processor cores sucking power instead of 3.

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011

Remember, it has a smaller battery than the Air 2, but also a smaller display with less pixels to power, and just 2 processor cores sucking power instead of 3.
Agreed. I get 10-12 hours of battery life easily out of mine.

newellj

macrumors 604
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden

Agreed on battery life. If anything, I think I get better battery runtime on the Mini 4 than the Air 2 doing similar things, though I've never done a scientific comparison.

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011
Maybe for you

You can't say it isn't when everybody's usage is different
Yeah, that's the trouble with these kinds of threads... everyone wants to know what they should do/buy/etc, but everybody is different - with different wants and needs. It's way too subjective. I suspect that there's a certain level of crowd-sourcing and need for affirmation associated with these kinds of questions, but he answer really is YMMV.

Last edited:
Reactions: canuckRus

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I'm thinking of buying one but is it really worth it when you have an Air 2 and an iPhone 6 plus?
I have the

6S plus
Air 2
Mini 4
MacBook Pro

I have a need for all of them at different times. Mini 4 is perfect at work where I use the browser a lot on it. Sometimes it's easier to use at home but at home my use is the air 2

If I want work to do, heavy emails I use my MacBook

So if you are a heavy user and want to use a device on the go and at home you can find enough time for all of them

newellj

macrumors 604
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Yeah, that's the trouble with these kinds of threads... everyone wants to know what they should do/buy/etc, but everybody is different - with different wants and needs. It's way too subjective. I suspect that there's a certain level of crowd-sourcing and need for affirmation associated with these kinds of questions, but he answer really is YMMV.
That is very nicely put. As for the YMMV, I'm on the profligate end of hardware purchases, and even I think that mixing the 6/6S Plus into the mix starts to feel cramped, but hey, it isn't my cash. :)

swarlos

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2015
I just got this. LOL.

I would think though for the OP that it depends on what device you're using throughout the day more if it's your iPhone and then just have the mini to compliment that for say entertainment and some productivity when needed then the Mini 4 should be adequate enough but if the battery isn't on par get a battery pack to help pick up the slack.

Reactions: violetjune

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
I just got this. LOL.

I would think though for the OP that it depends on what device you're using throughout the day more if it's your iPhone and then just have the mini to compliment that for say entertainment and some productivity when needed then the Mini 4 should be adequate enough but if the battery isn't on par get a battery pack to help pick up the slack.

He's just a troll from imore which I ignored.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
You quoted my post said and I was a troll from iMore. I was on there for three + years contributing.

I said the person you quoted..... I didn't say "you" I said "he". Big difference in those two words buddy :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.