Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mackk

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
Gonna get small to the point where they accidentally make an iPhone Pro Max. :rolleyes:
Make it ALL smaller
G6W.gif

TheNgbaka

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2021
I only ask for three things.

HDR, better speaker arrangement for horizontal usage, and a larger edge-to-edge display please.
I only ask for one thing. The ability for an iPad (any iPad) to support a phone number. I would love to get rid of my phone and use just an apple watch. But have to have a phone (with phone number) to use the calling feature on watch. I don't have a watch or an iPad as I have been waiting on this one singular feature to buy either. Still rocking my iPhone 6s and running ios15 beta... LOL

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Budget is $3K for M1X MacBook Pro, $800 for iPhone 13 (maybe mini). I would prefer to get an M1X mini over an iPad mini but I really want both. It could be an expensive fall.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
The new Ipad mini looks really beautiful, basically a smaller version of the Ipad Air 4. I reckon it will get the A15 bionic which makes sense, why would they put in the previous gen A14?!?

They'd use the A14 because they cost less and wouldn't interfere with the supply to iPhones. They did order 100 million A15s and there is always competition for the best nodes.

Reactions: ElectronGuru

NARadyk

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2021
UK
Wait. New, smaller Apple Pencil? As in Apple Pencil 3 or just a smaller version of Apple Pencil 2 for the Mini?

Stridr69

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2012
just mind blowing that they haven't updated the design since it came out in 2012
Why? The Volkswagen Beetle was made for over 45 years with the same basic design. Change for changes sake is a waste of resources. Apple needs to make the iPad OS more like a laptop rather then a fancy iPhone. Typing this on a Surface Pro 7 with a real OS and it's nice for a change.

Reactions: shakerstevens

Qu1ckset

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Honestly I’ve been waiting for them to update the Mini for years… day one purchase for me…. Fingers crossed for 120hz screen!

mbdownunder

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
A second thought; it would be odd to have iPad mini with Touch ID. I’m thinking of iPhone mini, it’s smaller without compromise (except the battery). Actually iPhone mini screen has more pixels than any iPhone.
More pixels than any iPhone? What are you talking about? The iPhone 12 and 12 Pro Max clearly have more pixels than the mini.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
I only ask for one thing. The ability for an iPad (any iPad) to support a phone number. I would love to get rid of my phone and use just an apple watch. But have to have a phone (with phone number) to use the calling feature on watch. I don't have a watch or an iPad as I have been waiting on this one singular feature to buy either. Still rocking my iPhone 6s and running ios15 beta... LOL
I’ve been using a mini running a $10/mo (first ATT, then TMo) plan and skype number as my only phone since it was available, I guess 2012... saving about $12k. It’s just in the last year with industry-wide 2-factor & cellular authorization systems that it’s become practically unusable. MS has neglected skype so badly nothing but plain jane phone calling works. iPad still has the built-in iphone dialer pop up occasionally rather than utilizing skype, because Appke never bothered to fully clean up iPad’s port of iOS from the iPhone. Kind of annoying. I’ll probably just keep using mini 5’s until I retire and ditch all this technology altogether for a nice old fishing boat.

Reactions: B.A.T

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
Based on reading all the iPad Mini 6 rumors, most people think it will be the same design again that as that of the 2012! Remember, the iPad Mini has been the black sheep of the iPad family. The iPad Mini Pro will get a modern design.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I don't want a big iPhone, I want a small iPad Mini that fits in my pocket
I basically replaced my mini with the 12 Pro Max. I kind of have a hard time seeing how a mini that fits in the pocket would be that much different. Maybe I’m just not using apps that would highlight the differences enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.