iPad Mini AT&T or Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Izzybeff, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Izzybeff macrumors member

When I ordered last night I choose the AT&T Version. I don't remember having to choose when I bought my iPad 1, but I think that's because AT&T was the only one available if I remember correctly.

So basically because I've chosen AT&T they are the only one I can purchase cellular coverage with on the iPad? Or can I still choose one of the others? I'm thinking of ordering another one with Verizon as their plan looks to be better and cancelling the AT&T one I ordered.

Can you tell me if I'm stuck with AT&T or will I be able to pick anyone that has iPad cellular coverage available?

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

The model you bought, in this case AT&T, can only be used on that carrier. You will need to cancel it and order a Verizon/Sprint iPad as necessary.

3. Izzybeff thread starter macrumors member

Bummer.. well this does tell me that I didn't need to be up at 2 to order as I just went in and ordered a mini with cellular with verizon and a cover and the shipping still says the same. Oh well. It was still exciting to be up at 2 for my first pre-order with Apple!

Thank you for the info!