Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmirza

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2010
Have you asked Incase?

Yeah, but only got the standard 'we don't comment on future products' response.

I'm definitely a fan of Incase products, but their current iPad mini cases seem like they were designed before they got a hold of a real iPad mini (ie. nothing is form fitting). I'm guessing they want to take their time, but its been a few months now since the iPad mini was released.

On a side note, I bought the AmazonBasics case to tide me over until Incase (or someone else) released something I really liked. For $13 its okay, but it definitely doesn't fit perfect. For example the cut out for the camera doesn't align perfect and the corners are very difficult to snap tight.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I went with the OtterBox Defender for my mini. Good screen protection, decent stand, and it's not too heavy. It does of course add some bulk but it's worth it to me to keep the mini safe. I can throw it in my backpack and not have to worry about what else is in there, what's laying on it, etc.

photo 4.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Glad it works for you. I personally could never use a case that bulky. It sort of defeats the whole point of 'mini' if you make it 3x thicker, and put an ugly screen cover on while in use. I'm odd, though - I bought a thin plastic back case to use with my smart cover, and I found it adds enough weight to be annoying, so I just use a leather back skin to protect if from scratches. Of course, yours will survive a fall from 6 feet, while mine would probably shatter easily at that height. I guess I'll just have to not drop it. :D

PittsDriver

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
Can anyone comment on whether the Switcheasy Coverbuddy has a magnet to hold the smart cover to the back when using the iPad?

PittsDriver

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
Thanks. Is there a back cover that is compatible with the smart cover that has a magnet on the back?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Thanks. Is there a back cover that is compatible with the smart cover that has a magnet on the back?

Not that I've seen yet. It seems people are picking their favorite back cover and just adding a couple magnets to the back.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Wanted to weigh in as I just got my case from Amazon. I went with the Khomo back with smart front "super slim" case in all black for just $12.99 for my slate mini and have to say it is exactly what I was looking for. I love it!

Link: http://tinyurl.com/a3uzunp

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Wanted to weigh in as I just got my case from Amazon. I went with the Khomo back with smart front "super slim" case in all black for just $12.99 for my slate mini and have to say it is exactly what I was looking for. I love it!

This is a great case - I have one too - if you are waiting for apple to make a case, this is the one to get, I hope they make one just like this, but it won't be $13.

Fed

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
Decided to buy this case because it's cheap and looks OK. Just need Apple to release the smart case for iPad Mini...

Quoting myself, that's a first. This came today and overall, for the price specifically, it's a bargain. Nice fit and looks ok. Very confident in its ability to protect the iPad in my coat pocket and bag. Negatives are that it's cheap (as you'd expect) and thus the material could be better, the fit (specifically the plastic) could be a little better. Adding fixtures around the buttons wouldn't do any harm either. Also, when fully closed, one would expect it to lay completely flat...

For £12 inclusive of postage - bargain :) Should any UK buyers fancy some pictures, give me a shout :D

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010

I have that case too. The only problem is after a few days, the lining/stitching around the edge started to come off: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51p9PG-VcKL.jpg (photo borrowed from Amazon).

frankchen855

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
I am in search for an iPad Mini Case that DOES NOT LOOK CHEAP! I ordered an i blason case from Amazon but ended up returning it because it looked so generic and poorly made. Needless to say I sent it back! :(

Any recommendations for higher quality case under $30? It'll be great if it turns too!

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
This came today and overall, for the price specifically, it's a bargain. Nice fit and looks ok. Very confident in its ability to protect the iPad in my coat pocket and bag. Negatives are that it's cheap (as you'd expect) and thus the material could be better, the fit (specifically the plastic) could be a little better. Adding fixtures around the buttons wouldn't do any harm either. Also, when fully closed, one would expect it to lay completely flat...

For £12 inclusive of postage - bargain :) Should any UK buyers fancy some pictures, give me a shout :D

I bought this from Amazon and sent it back. There were many shortcomings and it had a very cheap feel to it.

Personally I didn't think that it was worth anything like £11.99 let alone the staggering RRP of £39.99. Totally outrageous!

Fed

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
I bought this from Amazon and sent it back. There were many shortcomings and it had a very cheap feel to it.

Personally I didn't think that it was worth anything like £11.99 let alone the staggering RRP of £39.99. Totally outrageous!

Which case did you opt for? Only cases I want aren't on the market yet. Can't think of a sub-£10 case just to keep it safe for a few months that's better than it.

meoryou5688

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
I am in search for an iPad Mini Case that DOES NOT LOOK CHEAP! I ordered an i blason case from Amazon but ended up returning it because it looked so generic and poorly made. Needless to say I sent it back! :(

Any recommendations for higher quality case under $30? It'll be great if it turns too!

Pctabletcases currently has a giveaway for the devicewear ridge ipad mini case. It doesn't rotate but it is a great case..that's free!

As for rotating cases, I like this one from mini suit
http://www.amazon.com/MiniSuit-Degr...63287&sr=8-1&keywords=minisuit+ipad+mini+case

I really want the white one for my white Mini but it afraid it will turn black in two days so I just got the black one.

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
I know there have been quite a few requests for cheap/fake smart covers but are there any high quality case makers that make just a magnetic smart cover without a back? I've got the Apple one and it's ok but not great.

Marcellus

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
Branford, CT
Quality cases

Either one of these are great cases and they do not look cheap:
Invellop Leatherette Case: $19.95 (They come in 12 different colors.)
http://www.amazon.com/INVELLOP-Leat...26760&sr=1-1&keywords=invellop+ipad+mini+case

Bear Motion 100% Genuine Buffalo Leather Folio Case: $29.99
http://www.amazon.com/Bear-Motion-B...ords=bear+motion+ipad+mini+case+leather+black

Bear Motion also makes a couple of other genuine leather cases that sell for $15.99, but I have not tried them. They both receive rav reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/Bear-Motion-G...ords=bear+motion+ipad+mini+case+leather+black

http://www.amazon.com/Motion-Percen...ords=bear+motion+ipad+mini+case+leather+black

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007

no3tic888

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
Just got back from MacWorld/iWorld looking at the many iPad mini cases available. The one that caught my eye was the Moshi Versacover

I was planning to get the Invellop but the Moshi case really impressed me. It's a little more expensive but I like the design and build quality.

christof

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2002
Earth
Just got back from MacWorld/iWorld looking at the many iPad mini cases available. The one that caught my eye was the Moshi Versacover

I was planning to get the Invellop but the Moshi case really impressed me. It's a little more expensive but I like the design and build quality.
Was there an expo show special price for iPad mini and iPad with Retina Display? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.