Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
The iPad mini will not be a replacement for the current, full sized iPad - Its a completely different product. It's like saying that you'll shoot yourself if they bring out a new MacBook air soon because you've just purchased a MacBook pro...

I think he was talking abut the rumor of a Rev 2, 3rd gen iPad ... there's been some rumors talking about an updated version with the new connector, and some way off the rails talk about an A6 version way before the regular revision cycle.

I don't think either are true, but a mid-cycle major SOC change is HIGHLY unlikely.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I think he was talking abut the rumor of a Rev 2, 3rd gen iPad ... there's been some rumors talking about an updated version with the new connector, and some way off the rails talk about an A6 version way before the regular revision cycle.

I don't think either are true, but a mid-cycle major SOC change is HIGHLY unlikely.

Yeah I don't think so either - It would be a bit messy... Although it is also a bit messy having the latest iPad with the old dock connector.

cycomiko

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Preordered. Different issue. These did not have the same release date as the phone. (or any, really) That may bother you, but it does not mean there is a one to one correlation with people complaining about phone supply right now.

Bother me... that apple publically released a product, without stating availability. Getting awfully close to a nokia or microsoft release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.