iPad mini purchasers, do you already own an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by i0Nic, Oct 28, 2012.

?

I'm purchasing an iPad mini and ...

1. I already own a 9.7" iPad and plan on keeping it.

51 vote(s)
    49.5%
  2. I have sold/passed down my 9.7" iPad for a mini.

29 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. I used to own an iPad but don't use one now.

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. I have never owned an iPad.

17 vote(s)
    16.5%
  1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

2. fsumom macrumors regular

No. I own a Macbook Pro. The mini is for my daughter.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Never owned an ipad before. So iPad Mini will be my first.

4. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

Yes, I have an iPad 3 but am getting a new iPad (as a gift from my husband who will inherit the iPad 3), as well as getting the mini, obviously. The mini I intend to carry around with me in my purse & the full iPad I will use at home.

5. cogrady84 macrumors member

I have an iPad 2, but my girlfriend is giving me £150 for it, and I am putting that towards the purchase of my iPad Mini

I use the iPad religiously for home/work, but the iPad Mini seems much more mobile, I find the iPad 2 too heavy and too big for regular use, so the iPad Mini is a perfect fix for that problem.

6. darkknight11 macrumors member

Sold Ipad 2 3G model to purchase Mini....wanted portability, HD Facetime Camera, better back camera, and LTE.

7. zackify macrumors member

I've been waiting for a mini, never owned an iPad before, just a MacBook Pro 13"

8. OdT22 macrumors regular

OdT22

Had one of the 1st ones back in early 2011 for a few months. Didn't care for the size or weight.

It's been a long wait.

9. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

My wife ordered one. We owned an iPad 1 and sold it because it was so terrible at browsing the web. We then bought an iPad 3 and returned it because it was too big and bulky to take with us anywhere and at home it's useless since we own good laptops.

10. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I'm interested in identifying the differences between my various tablets, as compared to the mini I am buying. Not so much from the standpoint of choosing "what's best" because I don't believe in those kinds of comparisons.

Instead I like to have variety & choices, that's why I have several. While I've already read what the "experts" are saying, often what's important to them is of no interest to me. Therefore in my experience, nothing beats owning & using one, like I typically use them.

11. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

iPad 1 - passing on to wife plus will use it to watch videos on trips.

12. OdT22 macrumors regular

OdT22

Spot on. Been lurking this forum for the past few days, (just joined), and am amazed at the chatter and bickering about specs. Doesn't make any sense, when none of us has even taken one out for a spin yet. Your sentiments echo my own as I've read the threads here.

13. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Applepi

Sold my iPad 2 a few months ago but that will all change when my mini comes on Friday. :D

14. TheManOfSilver macrumors regular

TheManOfSilver

I've got an iPad 2 that's going bye-bye once my new mini arrives. Wanted a lighter and more portable iPad. The improved cameras and wifi are just nice bonuses.

15. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

I owned an ipad 1 after the 2 came out, When I got my iphone 4S I was getting frustrated by the speed and visual difference between my 4S and ipad 1 so I sold it and this is my first ipad since then

16. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I've had every iPad and I'm the most excited for this. My iPad 3 was my least exciting purchase I've ever had from apple.

17. Noisemaker Guest

Had an iPad 3. Sold it and ordered a Mini and iPad 4 as soon as they became available.

Greatly looking forward to them arriving.

18. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Yup. Day 1 WiFi 1st Gen version.

It will be handed down, so to speak, to my daughter. She will likely just use it for Netflix, but I cannot handle it crashing all the damn time when Im browsing, let alone trying to play a game.

Looking forward to it, but honestly if its not all its cracked up to be Ill return for 4th gen version and move on.

19. reputationZed macrumors 65816

No option for "I currently own an 9.7 iPad, but plan on selling it if the mini meets my needs".

I haven't sold off my iPad 2 and won't until I'm sure the mini is all that I expect it will be.

20. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Same here :)

21. Baggio macrumors 6502

I currently have a 64 GB iPad 1 wifi+3G.

I don't know if I will keep it or sell it.

22. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Had an original iPad (sold it today)
    Have an iPad 2

23. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

24. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

Yup, iPad 2. Selling it - too big for the commute so it stays at home, being wasted as I still use my MacBook Air at home. Gifted Nexus 7 became my commuter device due to size but I hate Android. Mini will be best of both - iPad quality apps etc, portable size.