Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
When do you guys thing the iPad Minis with Retina will go on sale? For some crazy odd reason I am thinking Black Friday but with a pre-sale on the 15th. What do you guys think?

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Late November.

Apple sales said with the shortage it may be a quite launch.

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
The 22nd seems odd since that's Xbox One launch day, pretty sure they wouldn't want to share the spotlight.

Are you kidding me? Apple loves stealing the spotlight! :D

Me? I'm buying a Mini Retina and an Xbox One. Luckily the Xbox is on a longer upgrade cycle (unless it RRODs).

MrGimper

macrumors 604
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK

Me? I'm buying a Mini Retina and an Xbox One. Luckily the Xbox is on a longer upgrade cycle (unless it RRODs).

I preordered the Xbox One ages ago, and recently went to a Lock-In to have a play with one. Seriously unimpressed, was expecting to be amazed but it was kinda meh... Will cancel my order.

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
I preordered the Xbox One ages ago, and recently went to a Lock-In to have a play with one. Seriously unimpressed, was expecting to be amazed but it was kinda meh... Will cancel my order.

So it's not just iDevices that people have unrealistic expectations for?

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
Not quite the same, I'd expect to be wowed after eight years.

Many titles that release within the first year or two of a console's lifespan do not really take full advantage of the hardware. For more extreme examples, look at GTA IV vs. GTA V and Halo 3 vs. Halo 4. Though even the early versions of both of those games looked better than release day titles like Perfect Dark Zero. I'm not much of a PC gamer and prefer a controller. So I'm hoping that the One will enable Minecraft to catch up with the PC version. I'm also really excited about gems like Destiny. I haven't preordered because I wasn't sure if I would pull the trigger in November. It might be wise to wait until the Spring when more of the games I want will be coming out and the console (and hardware issues) may have been vetted by then. I also think there's a good chance that Microsoft will feel some pressure from Sony and drop the price to $399 to match the PS4. Or at least release a cheaper version without Kinect.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
The 22nd seems odd since that's Xbox One launch day, pretty sure they wouldn't want to share the spotlight.

Share what spotlight? Both have there base & even some of it shared. But neither are lead story material. But also look at Apples other Friday launches - PS4 & Black Friday. It's a busy month no matter what. Friday is a key launch day b/c of the weekend.

drew0020

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2006

I can't wait for my Xbox One and PS4. They both def take the spotlight off any Apple launch for me. The 15th can't get here fast enough.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2003
I heard 11/15 but who knows. I think manufacturing issues are holding it up.

Z3man

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2012
UK
I don't know when it is but i wish they would hurry up, it feels like i have been waiting a life time.

I even tried to talk myself into buying the iPad air over the weekend, but deep down i knew all along i really wanted a mini retina.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I don't know when it is but i wish they would hurry up, it feels like i have been waiting a life time.

I even tried to talk myself into buying the iPad air over the weekend, but deep down i knew all along i really wanted a mini retina.
Lol, me too. I've been waiting for the retina Mini since they announced the Mini last year. Prio to that, didn't really expect Apple to release a smaller tablet. :p

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
I'm going to say Black Friday. Gets Apple a big free pr boost, and gets people into stores the day they are thinking of Christmas shopping.

Z3man

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2012
UK
I don't think apple will be thinking of black friday as a release date, due to the fact they know already there is going to be a shortage, so they don't want/need to promote them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.