Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I love my Mini 4 for its portability, but for all other reasons prefer my iPad Pro 9.7. The Mini is better for reading but I prefer my Kindle for that. My Mini 4 is also the only device I have LTE on so that is another reason it goes out with me.

emjaycee18

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
I'm having this same debate with myself right now. I love my mini, but I'm thinking of upgrading to the 9.7" iPad Pro. I just got a new job, and I'm going to start commuting to work by train. I love having the mini fit in one hand, but I think do to my change in usage the larger screen is going to be worth it for me.

Reactions: ShaunAFC3

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I'm having this same debate with myself right now. I love my mini, but I'm thinking of upgrading to the 9.7" iPad Pro. I just got a new job, and I'm going to start commuting to work by train. I love having the mini fit in one hand, but I think do to my change in usage the larger screen is going to be worth it for me.
Funny......the reason I bought my first iPad (the iPad 2) was because I had just gotten a job where I was going to be on the train a lot. I don't think I could survive a train commute without an iPad in my bag.

Reactions: ShaunAFC3

colorfuel

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2015
I cannot decide between the 9.7" Pro and the Mini 4 since I want maximum portability but with notetaking capability. I simply wish Apple released a mini with pencil support.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Quick business trip tomorrow. Overnight stay. Usually take my cellular iPad mini 4 but tempted to take the 9.7 non cellular Pro. Whatcha think?

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
I upgraded my iPad mini 4 to an iPad Pro 9.7. I use at home most of time with the occasional trip and bigger screen is nicer. It is also noticeably snappier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.