iPad mini iPad mini won't search for LTE

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Polarbear605, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Polarbear605 macrumors newbie

I have an iPad mini with AT&T and I have an iPhone 5 with AT&T ( unlimited data ) so I swap my sim into the iPad from my phone and I only get ” 4G “ ( I am in an LTE area ) I've also tried a few different APNs and nothing works, I have tried the whole airplane mode on/off trick for at least 100x.
    If anyone could help me I will love you forever.
    Thanks

2. Sparticu$ macrumors member

Have you tried removing and re inserting the SIM card? I had a similar problem with my ATT iPad 4. It would just say no service so I just took out the SIM card and put it back in. That solved the problem for me.

3. Polarbear605 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried that several times. I'm just not sure what's going on, because I put it back in my iPhone 5 and BAM! LTE . Just weird

4. mikkker007 macrumors member

sorry, but... LTE "IS" 4G..??????????????????

5. Polarbear605 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, on AT&T's network ” 4G “ is their HSPA+ network. Not their LTE network

6. Sparticu$ macrumors member

I can't get my sim from my samsung galaxy s3 to work in my att ipad either. I dont see a apn settings either. How do I solve this?

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

LTE services are locked on an IMEI based database. To prevent people from doing what OP does.

How do I know? My cousin bought an iPhone 5, cut and placed his SIM card in it (unlimited AT&T plan). Low and behold, although out area is LTE, he could only get 4G tops. It wasn't until we went to an AT&T store and updated the system with his new device did LTE actually kick in.

8. JackieInCo macrumors 601

On AT&T and T-Mobile, LTE will say LTE on the iPad/iPhone if it is received.

9. Polarbear605 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually no. Because I took a trip to Atlanta from Augusta, and once I hit the LTE coverage in Atlanta it showed LTE.

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Then if this happened, you should assume hardware defect. Have you called Apple?

11. Polarbear605 thread starter macrumors newbie

No I haven't, didn't think about that, is this covered by the limited 1 year warranty?