iPad now with Cydia!!!

Jinkst

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2008
London via Sydney
Wow there's alot of people commenting saying they'll be buying an iPad now. Why? Just because he's done this doesn't mean he'll be releasing it to the public and allowing Apple to possibly fix the exploit for 4.0 in June.

We all knew this was going to happen although I am impressed with how fast things have progressed.

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010
Wow there's alot of people commenting saying they'll be buying an iPad now. Why? Just because he's done this doesn't mean he'll be releasing it to the public and allowing Apple to possibly fix the exploit for 4.0 in June.

We all knew this was going to happen although I am impressed with how fast things have progressed.
Ofcourse its being released to the public when its ready.

peestandingup

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2006
It doesnt matter right now as he's not releasing it until June (after 4.0 is released) because if he did, Apple would patch it before 4.0 comes out. And that would suck.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Er, iPad is not getting 4.0 until fall. Not sure why everyone is saying June. Did I miss an an announcement?

There are a number of jailbreaks in the pipeline, one will probably come out after iPad 3GS is launched, with some held in reserve for 4.0.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
It could turn it into more of a traditional computer if the memory doesn't crap out constantly.