Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I disagree don't settle for a poor flawed product w/ your thinking quality control will go down the sh-- hole

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
For crying out loud, we've got people now evaluating their screens for colour accuracy as thought they're professional graphic designers at Pantone doing their final work on the iPad.

without a properly calibrated reference, I might add.:D

Carouser

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2010
I disagree don't settle for a poor flawed product w/ your thinking quality control will go down the sh-- hole

The OP's point is that the standards by which people are evaluating the current iPad are not appropriate standards to mark something as "a poor flawed product".

Also, the OP's thinking will just lead to people doing something marginally better with their time instead of asking strangers on Mac Rumors Forum if they have something they ought to freak out about, because they can't tell by themselves.

Also, quality control is not determined by a handful of compulsive exchangers, and the amount of Apple's resources they take up is both insignificant and not going to get a response of 'improved QC'.

Identity Fraud

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
I don't see any issue with people testing their products for faults right away. Apple only gives you 14 days to make a return then you need to state your case to the genius bar. If you find something within that 14 days you can always return it still.

Theres a fine line between OCD and due diligence.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.