iPad Pre-Order victims: Calm yourselves

Discussion in 'iPad' started by notjustgc, Mar 12, 2012.

1. notjustgc, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012

notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

This post was me complaining about people being impatient.

I take it back. Everyone is entitled to their own form of anticipatory excitement.

I have since decided to take the advice of others and go outside and enjoy the weather.

2. bjmach macrumors 6502

you had to make your own thread for this? I'm sure this will stop the madness

3. sevimli macrumors 6502a

sevimli

Agreed!

4. notjustgc thread starter macrumors 6502

notjustgc

I know it will likely do nothing. No one will believe me, thinking they have the one iPad pre-order that is stuck in some infernal abyss, never to be delivered or heard from again. But I just had to say something... this happens every single time and it's just absurd.

5. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I agree, making a thread about this is useless, but I feel you. The iPhone 4s launch was crazy! It was my first time pre ordering and it was kind of nerve wracking. In the end, my phone showed up as scheduled on launch day. There are bigger things in life to worry about!!!

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Heh. We don't have Ground Hog Day at MR, we have Ground Hog Week. And it happens twice a year too!

7. urkel, Mar 12, 2012

urkel macrumors 68030

If something "happens every single time" there's a preorder then why are you so frustrated that it's happening again?

If anyone gets annoyed by the things happening in the forum now then they should take a few weeks off because it only gets worse.

8. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

OP, I'm sure you're helping with "Pre-Order victims."

9. karsal macrumors member

THANK you, it gets this rediculous with every product launch, but I'm glad you said it, calm the **** down!! Lol

10. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

The true victims are those in MacRumors who have do deal with the neophyte on iDevice release weeks. Nice try, OP, but we have a few more days of suffering.

11. ZipZap macrumors 601

There are some who wont get it on launch day even though they were told they would.

There are always a few of those threads.

12. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

"Victim" is a pretty strong word to use regarding shipment for an electronic item.

13. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

OP

Way to try to take away all of the fun for people during pre-release frenzy.

Nothing says you have to read all of the emo which is being generated on the forums.

I am not moaning about my delivery but part of the fun is reading about those who are!

WW

14. bryanescuela Suspended

Here we go...

Just let people do whatever they want. If they are happy being paranoid let them be. You are nobody to tell the rest of us what to post. Now YOU calm the ***** down

15. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Apple are very good with their deliveries. I ordered an Imac 27 last week with a 2 tb time capsule. The waiting time on the capsule was 2-3 weeks and so I was expecting two seperate deliveries. Next day, my Imac 27 arrived...and so did the time capsule, both at the same time

16. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Telling people to calm the **** down usually has the complete opposite effect and if you had half a brain, you'd know that.

17. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

iPad Pre-Order Multiple Thread Victims - Calm Yourselves

The number (and length) of the threads expressing annoyance at the number and length of the pre-order threads is getting ridiculous. I guess a lot of the people on the MacRumors forums haven't done this reading of threads about pre-ordering thing before. I'm sure others who've been through it can back me up:

The number and length of threads about pre-orders WILL slow down as iPads arrive on the day that Apple said they would.

Stop getting pissed at people panicking if it's still processing, not shipped, stuck in China, Canada, or wherever they think it is.

This is how it has worked every single time, for every launch where pre-ordering has been an option. Please calm the ******* down.

(Didn't even have to change that last sentence).

18. notjustgc, Mar 12, 2012

notjustgc thread starter macrumors 6502

notjustgc

Touché, ma'am. This is so good, I had to tack it onto the first post.

19. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I'm a ma'am. But thank you. ;)

20. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

If all of this annoys you....you could always turn off your computer and go outside into this beautiful weather we are having. I see you live in NJ, so you definitely know what I am talking about.

It's all part of the fun/excitement/anxiety/(place emotion) here of a pre-oder and wait time to get our new toy. The fun thing about the forums is you get a whole bunch of people sharing the same hobby you do and share the same emotions as many others as we go along.

It's is also ok to just skip through the threads you know what they are and don't want to read until that ultimate "I GOT MINE" day arrives this Friday, then a whole bunch of new fun begins.

21. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert