iPad Pre-Order victims: Calm yourselves

notjustgc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
This post was me complaining about people being impatient.

I take it back. Everyone is entitled to their own form of anticipatory excitement.

I have since decided to take the advice of others and go outside and enjoy the weather.

Last edited:

bjmach

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2008
you had to make your own thread for this? I'm sure this will stop the madness

sevimli

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
ChiTown
The number (and length) of the pre-order threads is getting ridiculous. I guess a lot of the people on the MacRumors forums haven't done this pre-ordering thing before. I'm sure others who've been through it can back me up:

Your iPad WILL arrive on the day that Apple said it would when you placed your order.

Stop panicking if it's still processing, not shipped, stuck in China, Canada, or wherever you think it is. The ones that ship on day one just sit in a FedEx holding tank for a few extra days, and the ones with real problems get cancelled with e-mail notifications telling you there's a problem with your order.

This is how it has worked every single time, for every launch where pre-ordering has been an option. Please calm the ******* down.
Agreed!

notjustgc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
you had to make your own thread for this? I'm sure this will stop the madness
I know it will likely do nothing. No one will believe me, thinking they have the one iPad pre-order that is stuck in some infernal abyss, never to be delivered or heard from again. But I just had to say something... this happens every single time and it's just absurd.

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
I agree, making a thread about this is useless, but I feel you. The iPhone 4s launch was crazy! It was my first time pre ordering and it was kind of nerve wracking. In the end, my phone showed up as scheduled on launch day. There are bigger things in life to worry about!!!

Chupa Chupa

macrumors Pentium
Jul 16, 2002
Heh. We don't have Ground Hog Day at MR, we have Ground Hog Week. And it happens twice a year too!

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
This is how it has worked every single time, for every launch where pre-ordering has been an option. Please calm the ******* down.
I know it will likely do nothing. No one will believe me, thinking they have the one iPad pre-order that is stuck in some infernal abyss, never to be delivered or heard from again. But I just had to say something... this happens every single time and it's just absurd.
If something "happens every single time" there's a preorder then why are you so frustrated that it's happening again?

If anyone gets annoyed by the things happening in the forum now then they should take a few weeks off because it only gets worse.

Last edited:

karsal

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
THANK you, it gets this rediculous with every product launch, but I'm glad you said it, calm the **** down!! Lol

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
The true victims are those in MacRumors who have do deal with the neophyte on iDevice release weeks. Nice try, OP, but we have a few more days of suffering.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
There are some who wont get it on launch day even though they were told they would.

There are always a few of those threads.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
OP

Way to try to take away all of the fun for people during pre-release frenzy.

Nothing says you have to read all of the emo which is being generated on the forums.

I am not moaning about my delivery but part of the fun is reading about those who are!

WW

bryanescuela

Suspended
Jun 27, 2008
Here we go...

Just let people do whatever they want. If they are happy being paranoid let them be. You are nobody to tell the rest of us what to post. Now YOU calm the ***** down

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 68030
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Apple are very good with their deliveries. I ordered an Imac 27 last week with a 2 tb time capsule. The waiting time on the capsule was 2-3 weeks and so I was expecting two seperate deliveries. Next day, my Imac 27 arrived...and so did the time capsule, both at the same time

myrtlebee

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Telling people to calm the **** down usually has the complete opposite effect and if you had half a brain, you'd know that.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
iPad Pre-Order Multiple Thread Victims - Calm Yourselves

The number (and length) of the threads expressing annoyance at the number and length of the pre-order threads is getting ridiculous. I guess a lot of the people on the MacRumors forums haven't done this reading of threads about pre-ordering thing before. I'm sure others who've been through it can back me up:

The number and length of threads about pre-orders WILL slow down as iPads arrive on the day that Apple said they would.

Stop getting pissed at people panicking if it's still processing, not shipped, stuck in China, Canada, or wherever they think it is.

(Didn't even have to change that last sentence).

notjustgc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
The number (and length) of the threads expressing annoyance at the number and length of the pre-order threads is getting ridiculous.
Touché, ma'am. This is so good, I had to tack it onto the first post.

Last edited:

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
If all of this annoys you....you could always turn off your computer and go outside into this beautiful weather we are having. I see you live in NJ, so you definitely know what I am talking about.

It's all part of the fun/excitement/anxiety/(place emotion) here of a pre-oder and wait time to get our new toy. The fun thing about the forums is you get a whole bunch of people sharing the same hobby you do and share the same emotions as many others as we go along.

It's is also ok to just skip through the threads you know what they are and don't want to read until that ultimate "I GOT MINE" day arrives this Friday, then a whole bunch of new fun begins.