iPad pre-ordered and in-store pickup

Discussion in 'iPad' started by theone09, Mar 15, 2012.

1. theone09 macrumors regular

Last Thursday, I pre-ordered 16G Ipad black for in-store pickup. My credit card has been charged for the total $547.42. However, when I login to apple account to view the order status, I still see it still says "Processing Items". Can i still pick it up at the apple store tomorrow? Does anyone have the same thing too? Thank you!

2. GarryBacon macrumors regular

Apple are not allowing inshore pickups. You will be able to collect your iPad of similar value (the prices where kept the same) the next day (17th). Call the Apple store and see what happens. But the way launches work is that tomorrow they will only serve you in first come first serve basis. Meaning even if you just wanted an iPod you would have to sue, although you just wouldn't.

3. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Garry,

Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about. Apple did have Pre-orders available for in store pickup for a very limited time. It wasn't available right after the announcement, but became available a little later, and lasted for about a 1.5 days, and then disappeared from the Apple website again. Read the rest of the forums, there are a number of us that have it for in store, and a number of users that have gotten their email already to come for pickup tomorrow.

Theone,

I'm in the same situation as you. Ordered for in store pickup tomorrow. Just waiting on the confirmation email today. It'll come. Just be patient.

4. theone09 thread starter macrumors regular

I pre-ordered the ipad at one of the nearest apple stores, I chose the "in-store pickup" on 03/16th/12 option. I also confirmed with one of the sale guys there, he told me come back and pickup my order on Friday 03/16th. Anyway, i will stop by the apple store again later today and confirm with them again that i can pick one up tomorrow. Thanks for your answer

----------

Thanks for your answer. I am very happy now :)

5. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Check your email. A few of us on here just got our confirmation. Seems like they were sent out in one big batch. Hopefully you did too!

6. theone09 thread starter macrumors regular

I just got the confirmation email for picking mine up tomorrow!

Ready for Pickup Please pick up your items by March 25, 2012

I am going to get an iPad case today as well.

Thanks

7. seal72 macrumors newbie

This morning when I check on apple.com my order status, it wasn't processing anymore, it was available for pick up. I received the confirmation email after 1 pm :D:D:D

8. theone09 thread starter macrumors regular

I believe most of the in-store pickup pre-ordered for tomorrow pick up should get the confirmation email by today. I just got my tax return check too!! Hooooray!!! Big day!!... :D

9. GarryBacon macrumors regular

Not here in the UK, should of seen the $$ sign hahaha - my bad! :(