Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gobikerider

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 15, 2016
United States
I just picked up my 12.9 inch Pro and have arrived home to set it up and migrate into my workflow here are my impressions within the first 10 minutes.

1. The display is gorgeous and the iPad has a level of smoothness unfound on any device I have ever used.
2. The A10X is fast, setting up the iPad Pro was quick and smooth, BAH DAH DAH BAH IM LOVIN IT:D
3. The device although large feels very light for the size and feels significant in the hand but not bulky or uncomfortable.
4. Touch ID 2 is faster then ever and I'm so glad my iPhone 7 and iPad have parity now.
5. The speakers sound wonderful and full at half volume they were clearly audible and loud as my old Air 2.
6. The 12.9 inch screen is wonderful, some may disagree but I love the space I have to work now and multitasking no longer feels like I'm giving something up.

Please feel free to ask questions but I wont be doing any tests for people, simply because I don't want to install a bunch of apps on my new iPad. ;)

Foggydog

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2014
Left Coast
The 12.9 inch Pro is still awesome and you are still going to get 100% of iOS 11 benefits along with the other 4gb ram devices.:)

Thank you. Yes, I still love my 12.9. And even if it were paid for,it isn't worth the hassle to sell just to purchase another. But just to think of all the improvements in about 4 years.

gobikerider

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 15, 2016
United States
My first impressions are great as well, and I'm coming from the 1st gen 12.9. Love it so far, although I haven't played with it as much as I'd like just yet.
Isn't it so smooth, the 120hz and inherent smoothness of iOS adds up to a device unlike ever before.
[doublepost=1497402498][/doublepost]
Thank you. Yes, I still love my 12.9. And even if it were paid for,it isn't worth the hassle to sell just to purchase another. But just to think of all the improvements in about 4 years.
Ahh idk man I hadn't even had my Air 2 for 3 years and well now look. :p:D

gobikerider

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 15, 2016
United States
I just noticed there is a real home button. Kind of bummed me out until I scrolled and forgot about it.
I never minded the real home button, omg that DAT SCREEN DOH :D:D
[doublepost=1497404065][/doublepost]
Really? That sucks. I have the 29w charger so I didn't even pull it out of the box.
Ironically none of my BestBuy's in town had them in stock URGGG

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Wow, I LOVE my 12.9" iPP. Just tested the pencil and the latency is fantastic (everything folks here said it was). Will give the speakers and keyboard a go in a little bit.

ProMotion made all the difference. This is what I was hoping the 1st iPP would be and I cannot imagine how much better this will run on iOS11.

Reactions: gobikerider

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Unfortunately, my local AT&T didn't have the 512GB Space Gray. They only had 64GB so I just placed my order. Didn't want to order online for shipping since I've had two iOS devices already that were lost by carrier already.

It'll be another month before I get it. :(

Reactions: gobikerider

gobikerider

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 15, 2016
United States
Unfortunately, my local AT&T didn't have the 512GB Space Gray. They only had 64GB so I just placed my order. Didn't want to order online for shipping since I've had two iOS devices already that were lost by carrier already.

It'll be another month before I get it. :(
I couldn't do that I was going to be pained to wait a day even, I'm blessed they had one at my Apple Store. Luckily I wont use 64 gigs let alone 30gb.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I couldn't do that I was going to be pained to wait a day even, I'm blessed they had one at my Apple Store. Luckily I wont use 64 gigs let alone 30gb.
I'm picky about color and configuration. I'm spending $1K+ so I wasn't exactly willing to settle. That's also why I didn't just buy the first gen 12.9 early this year when it seemed like the new model will be a long time coming. I didn't want to compromise on such an expensive purchase.

And hey, I was prepared to wait for the new iPad Pros until October/November. The announcement during WWDC was a pleasant surprise. Now that I have it ordered and know that it's arriving soonish, I feel a lot more settled. :D

On the plus side, it'll probably arrive just after release of iOS 11 public beta. :D

Reactions: millydog

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Wow, I LOVE my 12.9" iPP. Just tested the pencil and the latency is fantastic (everything folks here said it was). Will give the speakers and keyboard a go in a little bit.

ProMotion made all the difference. This is what I was hoping the 1st iPP would be and I cannot imagine how much better this will run on iOS11.

Writing on this new 12.9 with the 120hz and low latency is so slick. Better than my SP4. I'm going to write a ton of notes now.

gobikerider

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 15, 2016
United States
I'm picky about color and configuration. I'm spending $1K+ so I wasn't exactly willing to settle. That's also why I didn't just buy the first gen 12.9 early this year when it seemed like the new model will be a long time coming. I didn't want to compromise on such an expensive purchase.

And hey, I was prepared to wait for the new iPad Pros until October/November. The announcement during WWDC was a pleasant surprise. Now that I have it ordered and know that it's arriving soonish, I feel a lot more settled. :D

On the plus side, it'll probably arrive just after release of iOS 11 public beta. :D
Hey I wasn't willing to settle on color...:p:D it had to match my iPhone 7 jet black

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
one thing i've noticed on my 9.7 multitasking isn't very good in spilt screen.

when viewing reddit app it simply is unviewable when in 50/50. guessing this isn't the case the 12.9 model

Reactions: tonyunreal
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.