Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LouE37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Knowing options are limited, anyone have brand suggestions for a clear back cover or skin they like? Looking for minimalist options but want the gold color to show hence looking for clear. The luvvitt case corners are not for me.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Knowing options are limited, anyone have brand suggestions for a clear back cover or skin they like? Looking for minimalist options but want the gold color to show hence looking for clear. The luvvitt case corners are not for me.
My sentiments exactly. I'm looking for the same. I don't see any skins out there yet.

LouE37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Skinomi cutouts haven't been so great in the last few years. Would love to hear some reviews on this one.
Right I noticed that. I know it's early so thought at least a certain brand could be recommended. I don't want or need drop protection. Just scratch protection.

DerMario

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
Yes, ordered them on Friday. I have one (matte of course) für the 6s+ and they are great!!

BravoTangoPapa

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2015
iCarbons also has skins for the iPad Pro 9.7. I usually use the skins from dbrand, but they are on the fence as to whether or not they are going to produce a iPP 9.7 skin. I ordered one from iCarbons for around $15. It's not clear, but that doesn't really bother me (as long as the Apple logo is exposed ).

Last edited:

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
I definitely recommend www.stickerboy.net for skins. You can a simple one that's easy to install and covers 90% or go for coverage on the edges/corners that is more difficult to install. The cutouts have always been spot-on. Customer service is good too - they'll work with you if you have a minor adjustment request on an existing skin.

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Bump for more options here, surely some have crept up recently so .......
There's already five different vendors listed; one of which has eight types of skins that come in over 40 colors/textures. How many more options are you looking for?

Agile55

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
TX
There's already five different vendors listed; one of which has eight types of skins that come in over 40 colors/textures. How many more options are you looking for?

Just asking if anything new has come on line, didn't mean to clutter this thread up, back to my cave.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I got my best skins ever and attempted an installation. I tried 2 skins but couldn't get either to look decent. I'm still looking for a super slim clear back case. I ordered and got the Luvvitt that is on Amazon. It fits nicely but is too heavy and bulky for my liking. And it also lifts my screen saver. I wish Luvvitt would come up with a super slim one like the one I have on my phone.

Reactions: Agile55

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Yeah there seems to be nothing. There's a few hard plastic ones on Amazon but I would prefer softer plastic to be honest

I have the best super thin clear case from Luvvitt for my iPhone. It is very lightweight and looks barely there. That's exactly what I want in a back cover. Not sure why any of the companies out there don't have anything coming yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.